Problem with companion - new player

Donddragon

Hello folks. Fairly new player here. I've made it to 15, got my ship, took it to Ord Mantell. I have to take my droid down and meet with someone. So I get down to the planet - no T7. Go to my crew menu, T7's entry is outlined in yellow. Can't summon him, though I have the option of summoning the other two companions who are back on my ship.

So I go back to the ship. T7 is there. I cannot dismiss him to try re-summoning him. So at this point I'm stuck. I need him down on the planet, but he will not follow me down.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks all!

Does the yellow outline disappear when you do summon another companion? If so, the only problem is that T7 already was "active." So to speak.

If your current companion was unsummoned for some reason, you can click the tiny arrow on the lower left edge of the circle in the lower left corner of your screen. This arrow will summon your current companion.

Summoning somebody else from the crew skills window, then summoning back your original companion, also works.

Edited by bright_ephemera
grammar

When You get back down to ord mantell Send T-7 to "Sell Junk"... once the timer on that ends(should only be about 1 min) He should "return" and that should fix it....

if that does not work you can also try summoning a different companion(assuming they are not on a task) and then re-summoning t-7