The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 30 vanguard pvp spec

Nocturnix

OK this is nothing new. It is a standard tree, with the usual skills posted by others in the community. But what I wanted to highlight is the point at which it begins to really kick ***. I wanted to give other vanguards/powertech lowbies a goal: get to 30. Thats when you will start wrecking. Why? Because this is when Ionic Accelerator kicks in and you have full armor pen on high impact bolt...

http://torboard.com/showthread.php?388-Tower-s-LVL-30-Vanguard-PVP-Spec

Honestly, I don't think Vanguards have a single level where the switch flips and we get powerful. It starts once we get High-Friction Bolts and Incendiary Round at lvl 22, and it just keeps getting better. We get a big boost from Ionic Accelerator, but then we just keep steadily getting better with Rain of Fire and Assault Trooper.

However, I did have a moment when I finally decided that this was my new main character. When I hit level 31 and started using Reactive Shield every minute, I got really happy with the class. Now I have powerful defensive cooldowns that are almost always available when I need them, and I have punishing amounts of DPS.

I stuck with Assault all the way until 40, because Assault Plastique is such an amazingly fun skill. I love using AP -> Cryo Grenade to burst down healers. No more of this nonsense where Ops can stack two HoTs and then run around spamming their free heal once you get them to 30%. I'm at level 42 and still loving the class.