What am I looking for as a pyrotech?

Everlore

I mistakenly bought the Combat-Tech's Columi helmet earlier today, for some reason I saw the "tech" and assumed it meant pyrotech...but no it meant powertech.

I want to avoid this mistake again so what sort of stats am I looking for on gear for a pyrotech? This helm has critical and surge, are those useful? It would be nice if so, cause then my mistake wouldn't be that bad hah.

I think you get an 8% boost to Railshot dmg with the columi (combat tech) 4 piece as well, so it might actually be the set for you. I don't pve much though, so I wouldn't really know about stat building for raids and hms. Edited by Phrase

I think you get an 8% boost to Railshot dmg with the columi (combat tech) 4 piece as well, so it might actually be the set for you. I don't pve much though, so I wouldn't really know about stat building for raids and hms.

Yeah my railshot is 8% more with the powertech gear, I forgot what the 4 piece bonus is for the pyrotech one but both are good.

Yeah my railshot is 8% more with the powertech gear, I forgot what the 4 piece bonus is for the pyrotech one but both are good.

Reduce cost of Rail by 8.

I'd take the dmg boost myself since Rail is a big part of our rotation coupled with the fact that PPA should be making Rail free for you most of the time. Just my 2 cents.