Criticals dealing lower damage than normal attacks

krystianswtor

Hi. Im a DPS Guardian using the Vigilance spec. I deal around 1200 dmg per second on the ops dummy geared in full Columni. My problem is that sometimes my criticals deal lower dmg than my normal attacks. Let say my normal attack deals 4k dmg but sometimes its critical counterpart does only 3k dmg. Is this caused by not enough Power or Surge?

And also , which stat is responsible for the amount of dmg dealt by criticals?

- Any wizard knows anything about this? Thanks

Edited by krystianswtor

You must be doing something wrong then.

Just out of interest which attack are you talking about? You know that master strike exists out of 3 different hits and not just the number in the tooltip, right?

Are you sure you're not confusing normal hits for crits & the other way around?

Im going to have to look deeper into this but for now I would like to ask , which stat is responsible for the critical attacks to deal bigger damage? Is it Surge or Power? Or both incorporated somehow? Im having a feeling as if my normal attacks deal 4k dmg but criticals never do anything more. Any speculations?

Im going to have to look deeper into this but for now I would like to ask , which stat is responsible for the critical attacks to deal bigger damage? Is it Surge or Power? Or both incorporated somehow? Im having a feeling as if my normal attacks deal 4k dmg but criticals never do anything more. Any speculations?

Power increases the base damage.Surge is the multiplier for crits.

4k base damage is hardly possible in Vigilance (Maybe in full War Hero with Expertise Adrenal/Relic +Inspiration buff from Sentinel on a 0 Expertise target which is armor debuffed or better naked :D)

Master Strike can hit for over 6k selfbuffed/unmitigated/uncrit but that is a series of three strikes.

You mix things up.

1 power = .23 bonus damage

1 strength = .2 bonus damage and about .007% crit% (Thats without the 6% from Perseverance in the Vigilance tree)

Edited by Sabredance

'You feel like normal attack deal 4k dmg but crits never do anything more'

Da*** is that supposed to mean? There are combat logs, you can look up what the damage is now.

Again, which attacks are you talking about? because I can't think of attack that hit 4k with a normal hit