The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How is shadow?

Nightia

Hello,

Recently I have switched servers and I am in the process of contemplating what my new main will be. In the past I have really enjoyed my powertech (vanguard) for leveling/pve. I thought it took a lot of punishment and some great aoe and single target damage. So my question is, how is leveling/pve a shadow compared to a powertech or vanguard? What moves quicker to 50?

And a side note, is infilitration to approximately 30-35 and then kinetic the way to go? or have some found success in the shared tree?

Thanks!

Pre-change to death from above/mortar volley vanguard would probably have been the faster leveller, but having just rerolled to a populated server myself after the changes I can't really see any difference between the speed it took me to level my vanguard and how long it's taking me just now to level the Shadow. Both of them mow through mobs without a single problem.

Other than a few tests in PvP with Infiltration i've been KC all the way so far up to the current level of 43, for a tank spec it has no problems dealing damage in PvE leveling, it's been really good in PvP so far too but the <50 and 50 tiers are worlds apart.

Edited by Kabaal