Companion issues

Kmansp

all of my companions suck. I am now level 41... and they all suck. I have to stop and heal every 30 seconds/after every small fight. I have mainly focused on using Kira, but I'm getting sick of stopping to heal her after every fight. I'm constantly updating her gear, but it's not enough. Is there something that would help? I even get the increase in off combat healing from the cantinas, but that seems to only SLIGHTLY help for me, and not my companion at all. I hate using Doc because he's annoying, but sometimes I'm forced to so I don't have to stop to heal every 30 seconds.

I got lord scourge recently and I was excited to get him, but he sucks worse than all of them! He gets his *** beat in small engagements all the time... I thought he was supposed to be a bad ***? Emperors hand and all that? I get it... he's a companion to help, not be invincible. But come on... he should last longer than he does. It's just embarrasing to see him get taken out by a single pirate or prisoner.

I'm just really really sick of the constant stop and heal, stop and heal. I would be alright if the off combat healing would kick in a LOT faster, and for BOTH me and my companion. Is there a trick to this???? Should I just focus on constant endurance for my companions?

Edited by Kmansp

Ummm, Doc? Unless you're severely underleveled, pull more than you can handle, are trying to solo heroics or taking on a champion solo, you should almost NEVER have any problem when using Doc.

Scourge is underhwhelming to be sure. But if you change him to his attack stance instead of tank stance, he'll have more survivability than if he's getting focuses. He's not really a good tank, even when geared. I find him better used as a tanky-DPS.

Kira and Rusk put out decent damage for companions, but they're not going to help keep you alive.