how to make my merc a better

iamxtreme

Medic.. I really wish I knew back in December what I know now about Mercenary Medics.... they are squishy.. or at least mine is.. my sith at level 42 heals better than my mercenary healer spec.. I have spent millions changing my outfits to support more Aim, Power and Crit as these are suppose to be key elements to making a better heal spec Mercenary.. and my level 42 can out heal my level 50..

I need help.. I dont want to delete my first character.. but I also dont want to get booted from groups or not picked at all.. I am a good healer.. I always have been at all the other MMOs I have played.. its not my lack of being able to heal in a timely fashion.. its that my heals are very pathetic and sometimes dont even appear to be working at all.. what am I doing wrong and what can i do to make it better and PLEASE... im asking a serious question.. if all you have is a juvenile, sarcastic.. or completely pointless remark.. post it somewhere else..

I dont have the time to play for 5 hours a night to get the super hot gear that most 10 hour per day people will be able to get in 7 months of grinding.. so thats not really an option.. at the rate that I can find parties for hard mode of anything.. i will be able to buy my first piece of gear in about 2 years.. if need be I will post all my gear and its stats here... I really want to make this character work.. he sucked as a tank.. I gotta get him doing something right

I haven't played that class yet but I've heard plenty of complaints about troopers/bounty hunters. If they are truly under-powered and its not a l2p issue, then they'll get a buff or other classes will get nerfed. Its the way mmo's are. Don't delete your character because chances are it'll be a better class eventually. Play one of your other characters until then if you can't get any helpful advice for your merc.

If you're positive it's not u that's a problem then just get better gear. Start with dailies to get the armorings,mods and enchancments or buy some basic epics from gtn and then move onto hard mode flashpoints and story mode ops if u can get into a group.

I am a good healer.. I always have been at all the other MMOs I have played./QUOTE]

Assuming this is true, it could be part of your problem. Are you talking PvP or PvE? I am worthless at PvP but I can probably help you in PvE if you need it.

If PvE:

Give me an idea of gear.

What content are you having problems in?

Do you have any combat logs that you could upload to toreparse or askmrrobot?

The endgame does not demand a lot from healers. When you reach level 50, buy the PvP recruit set (Or if you're poor, just the main hand and offhand), and you're now good enough to heal most flashpoint (except Lost Island) and normal mode operations.

i stop playing my merc but not because of the nerf. just simply i dun feel like healing.

1) equip your combat support cylinder. if your heal weaker than lvl42 sorc, u might not equip it

2) weave rapid shot, maintain your heat. if you dun know how high, blame yourself

3) build supercharged gas. if you do not know how long/cast to get it back, dun blame your class

4) do not heal worthless ppl. some ppl deserve to die repeatedly b4 they learn.

5) use your cc & do dps too. heat efficient than heal