Tues GTN Bug: QA or design problem?

caronome

In 1.2, there is a bug in the GTN e.g., select Miscellaneous and search is disabled. (Googling shows selecting cheap will allow you to browse all the items.)

Tuesday, that bug was extended to also apply to Crafting materials - you can't browse salvaging materials without first choosing a rarity besides any. Perhaps it is a txt issue - the word they meant in the rarity drop down was "none" not "any?"

I have gone thru the Kubler-Ross stages: Tuesday was anger, Wed was denial, I logged in expecting it to have been corrected. I am on to disappointed acceptance.

I have two theories:

1) It was just abysmal SQA (software quality assurance) that nobody tested out changing categories and trying to press search.

2) There is Crafting/GTN are not a priority for BW and nobody who understands crafters/economy develops the use cases the designers are working on.

Do you think it is #1 or #2?

My "elder gaming" is crafting. ( Which is the only completely fair PvP in any MMO. ) I understand but do not like that the conventional wisdom is that gaming means KonsoleKitties, PvP & CoD. ( My personal opinion is that the crafters are the ones who will stick around for years while it is the ADD PvPers who will soon be jumping to the new FOTM be it GW2, Terra, SW, ... )

BW does not owe me a good crafting & economic gameplay. But it makes me sad it is not a high priority for BW. This week was the first time since December when I sat down at my computer, I logged onto WoW before TOR.

Greetings caronome,

In regards to the search bug with the GTN. Our teams are aware of this issue. The following is a quote found in this thread:

Hi everyone, we've sent this up for investigation and it looks like we are going to have something to improve this experience in an upcoming patch. Thank you for your reports and for your patience.

We just wanted to take the time to let you know our teams are working on a fix for this bug.

Its not really that serious an issue tbh... even the noonist 8 yr old could quickly work round the issue.. just stick cheap into the rarity section and hey presto... everything cheap and above is there in black and white.... now was that really worth all the venting and overeaction.... :rak_01: