The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

At what level does my HiB provide reliable burst

jbuschell

Right now I'm level 23, I'm performing well atm and even got my 300k medal at a level lower then my other toons when they got their first 300k medals, with that said my HiB still hits like a crazy granny who hits you with her purse, not very hard at all, when does my HiB start hitting like Jon Bones Jones instead of the chick that plays Bones? Is it my 40s when I get access to mods an enhancements with power and surge or do I need to get the next tier talent when my SS and IP resets my HiB?

Right now I'm level 23, I'm performing well atm and even got my 300k medal at a level lower then my other toons when they got their first 300k medals, with that said my HiB still hits like a crazy granny who hits you with her purse, not very hard at all, when does my HiB start hitting like Jon Bones Jones instead of the chick that plays Bones? Is it my 40s when I get access to mods an enhancements with power and surge or do I need to get the next tier talent when my SS and IP resets my HiB?

Tier after when you get the critical damage bonus modifier.

When you get the PPA proc, Ionic Accelerator, it's not the HiB it's self it's the double HiB. At this point, you want to spend y our next three points in the Tactics tree to increase the Armor reduction ability of it. However at 23/24 you should have points in Focused Impact, and your tree should look like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801Z0cZfhMb.1

Before you put points in other trees, I'd consider how badly you want the top-tier Assault talents. The T5 talents are a large boost to your DPS. Focused Impact gives you at most 20% more damage from HiB. Rain of Fire gives 9% from HiB, and also from Hammer Shot, Stock Strike, and Full Auto. And Assault Trooper gives you +30% crit multiplier to a lot of skill, which means some really big crits. It might be worth focusing on Assault until you get those.

Also, I PvP a lot, and I really really really want Assault Plastique. It's such an interesting skill, and hopefully I'll finally be able to burst down healing Ops. I struggle to take them down when they have stacked HoTs and they're spamming the free heal on themselves. Hopefully, AP -> HiB -> SS -> HiB should do the trick.

No matter how you decide to build your character (and it's a personal choice), I would really strongly recommend that you stay in Assault only until lvl 27. Ionic Accelerator will help your DPS (both burst and sustained) far more than any talents you can get in other trees. After 27, it's your choice whether you want to stay in Assault for the top-tier talents, or take your secondary talents in other trees.

I decided to stick with the assault tree Untill 40 when I get AP, my Dmg is good and I love the HiB reset, the crits still aren't big but I'm still putting out very good Dmg and its only a matter of time