Why does Low Slash break on damage?

Forceconduit

I pvp a good amount of time and was wondering why the devs decided to make Low Slash break on damage? I mean the whole point of having a stun ability is to be able to unload in that brief (4 second ?) window of time. Yet in most scenarios, when I low slash an opponent to try and get behind for when Duplicity procs, somebody else has attacked and I'm not position to Maul.

In the case of operatives they have what we are missing in the form of Debilitate, imo that is how our Low Slash should function, 4 second stun, you can damage them for the full duration of the stun until it expires or they pop there stun breaker. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

First of all we HAVE a 4 second stun just like operatives and every other class, it's called electrocute. Bioware has been careful in balancing the amount of CC available to every class, and in no case is there a class with over two stuns (keeping in mind that a "stun" is CC that does not break on damage and completely incapacitates the afflicted).

While not as powerful as stuns, incapacitates(low slash) are useful in that given the right circumstances they CC for just as long as stuns do(or longer) and accumulate significantly less resolve. Low slash isn't just so you can easily set up a maul, it is useful as a peel or as an interrupt when everything else is on cooldown(it's particularly useful in this regard because of it's relatively low cd).