Tera doesn't have BG's!! - TOR more of the same

ZeusThunder

Probably not many here new to MMO forums, but for any that are I just want to point out that the "doom and gloom" you are seeing here happens across all MMO's forums. It's the same on the Tera forums. Class balance this, no BG's that, this class is OP, this game will fail, etc, etc...

Don't worry about it is all I'm saying, the game could be absolutely perfect in every way and there would still be "TOR PvP is dead" posts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You, sir, make an incredibly good point.

I'm fed up myself of all the QQ here.

I wish people would just learn to embrace mediocrity. Learn to love half-baked, half-broken, fully dead games.

After all, we pay our money so why shouldn't we all just SHUT UP and NOT CALL IT HOW IT IS so we can just be satisfied getting bent over and laughed at by these amazing devs.

Now I'm off to do some trainspotting because it's the type of activity I relish. You should try it.

Edited by Kaputz

You, sir, make an incredibly good point.

I'm fed up myself of all the QQ here.

I wish people would just learn to embrace mediocrity. Learn to love half-baked, half-broken, fully dead games.

After all, we pay our money so why shouldn't we all just SHUT UP and NOT CALL IT HOW IT IS so we can just be satisfied getting bent over and laughed at by these amazing devs.

Now I'm off to do some trainspotting because it's the type of activity I relish. You should try it.

This is the kind of over-dramaticizing with no useful information I'm talking about. "Bioware, your game is half-baked, half-broken, and fully dead. Please make it full-baked, not broken, and not dead thanks"

Probably not many here new to MMO forums, but for any that are I just want to point out that the "doom and gloom" you are seeing here happens across all MMO's forums. It's the same on the Tera forums. Class balance this, no BG's that, this class is OP, this game will fail, etc, etc...

Don't worry about it is all I'm saying, the game could be absolutely perfect in every way and there would still be "TOR PvP is dead" posts.

Welcome to the new gaming communtiy, where if something doesn't match your tastes, you makes sure to try to ruin it for everyone else at all costs.

Edited by physiology

This is the kind of over-dramaticizing with no useful information I'm talking about. "Bioware, your game is half-baked, half-broken, and fully dead. Please make it full-baked, not broken, and not dead thanks"

His post wasn't for Bioware, it was for you. It's called sarcasm. He's essentially pointing out that you're encouraging people not to post criticism that Bioware can act on because you're attempting to argue that complaints are illegitimate because they show up on every game forum. This does constitute a valid criticism of you.

ive always said

you know a korean mmo has failed as being a korean mmo when casuals are interested in it.a korean mmo isnt really casual friendly

not that i care anyway,id rather have Lineage 3 with the way Lineage was set up before godess of destruction then tera

you can pretty much slot every new mmo into the "half baked,half broken"catagory.but i guess many mmo players dont really relize that the years of content they had in there previous mmo took time to implement,they just want years of content out of the box

you can pretty much slot every new mmo into the "half baked,half broken"catagory.but i guess many mmo players dont really relize that the years of content they had in there previous mmo took time to implement,they just want years of content out of the box

That's a really good point. I wonder if experienced MMO players will start to wait 2 years or so before subscribing to a new MMO, which would then force developers to launch more content at release, which would require much more of an initial investment in something that isn't guaranteed to make money, resulting in less MMO's on the market?

Another world of warcraft copy. The problem is that no one ever does anything new with the setting in these MMORPGs. Its dozens and dozens of the same fantasy theme over and over again. That's old since like the 70's and 80's with D&D. I mean, the only reason I play this game is because it's Star Wars so it's a little different. Edited by MorgonKara

Well, Swtor doesn't have bg's either if you are player on dead server like me :p

Good one, BW if you are reading this. I'm done doing the quest lines for the 3-4th time on an alt. Your legacy stuff isn't working (enough) for me to do it all again.

Good news, I also enjoy a bit of PvP now and then.

Bad news, servers are so dead that I need to stand around for 10+ mins before one starts. More bad news, I can stand around being bored for 10+ minutes without having to pay anyone also.

Good news, my sub isn't over yet & X-server Q's (unranked, I don't care) can solve this. Do something?

While I agree to some extent with what the OP is trying to convey, there is no denying the complete lack of attention to the PvP gameplay has received since launch. I don't expect "perfect" 4 months into it, but I do expect known issues that have been around since Beta to have been addressed by now. The reason many are chomping at the bit around these parts, is the lack of communication from BW, and keeping the players updated on the more pressing issues that need fixing. People are tired of this team breaking crap with each and every terrible update, and I don't blame the PvP player base for the shoddy PvP gameplay they have to endure, it's atrocious to say the least.

Good one, BW if you are reading this. I'm done doing the quest lines for the 3-4th time on an alt. Your legacy stuff isn't working (enough) for me to do it all again.

Good news, I also enjoy a bit of PvP now and then.

Bad news, servers are so dead that I need to stand around for 10+ mins before one starts. More bad news, I can stand around being bored for 10+ minutes without having to pay anyone also.

Good news, my sub isn't over yet & X-server Q's (unranked, I don't care) can solve this. Do something?

I'm very happy with the 8 minute q's I'm getting on TOR. This is much better than the 45 minutes queues I had in WoW. No, I'm not over-exaggerating about 45 minute queue times in WoW, that was the average for all Horde players.

Tera is an awful Korean MMO. Very few Westerners are going to enjoy or play it, that haven't already been playing a bunch've Aion.

Guild Wars 2 is something else.

this is why i laugh when i goto my fleet and look at the chat.i see all these people talkin about Tera,i bet half of them if not more dont even stick with it past a week

me personally though.ive looked at Tera,and i dont know.i guess if i ever get tired of sw tor and i dont like playin gw2 ill try it.but i would of rather had ncsoft make Lineage 3 with the way Lineage 2 was before godess of destruction then tera

plus,Tera doesnt have a rogue type class.and thats like my favorite type of class to play in a mmo

Edited by CrunkShizzle

The only problem i have with this game is the bugs in the game.. call me a "cheap date" but bioware will release content for this game when it is ready, due to all the crybabies on these forums complaining all the time that BW doesnt test thier patches or whatever..

Just be patient thigs will come, how long did it take wow to implement the features that they have currently , i heard alot of bad things about vanilla wow, but haters will be haters, and the new generation of gamers now a days are little spoiled brats that want everything NOW ...

its really sad to be honest.. i like pvp as it is now because i enjoy competitive gaming.. granterd i have mostly recruit gear , and i am somewhat squishy, but that doesnt mean i am going to come to these forums and insert tampon, and complain why bioware isnt providing me this , and that right now... i really dont care.. when its ready , its ready.

I'm very happy with the 8 minute q's I'm getting on TOR. This is much better than the 45 minutes queues I had in WoW. No, I'm not over-exaggerating about 45 minute queue times in WoW, that was the average for all Horde players.

I'm not sure when you played WoW but I've played since release and still do from time to time. I have 11 85s and PvP on all of them(7 Alliance 4 Horde) since Xserve BGs were implemented I can't remember waiting more than 5 min and usually 2-3 min or less even during off hours.

There are things I like and dislike about both games but long queue time in WoW is not on that list.

Edited by Erasimus