Warrior and tanking feedback.

beliglath

Well I think it’s time for me to stop posting suggestions and rather post some feedback regarding my warrior and tanking. Let me start with the basic, I love this game and I love my warrior that being said I do have a problem with some aspects of the game and some letdowns with the warrior class itself.

“The Promises”

When you start playing the game you get some cinematics where you can see Malgus fight (Malgus being our ultimate reference for a sith juggernaut) after that you get to play and you see some things missing and it’s kind of a letdown

a. Force Lightning, you don’t get to throw lightning and during these cinematics you get to see Malgus doing it, to be honest I am left wanting. ( while I said no suggestions I will say that they could use the legacy system to make aesthetic changes to let’s say force scream to be a lighting right? :p)

b. Saber throw and force push hitting more than one enemy, again this is seen on “deceived” where Malgus quickly kill a bunch of enemies by throwing his saber and using force push.

c. Force Impale, for those who don’t know what this is its basically pulling someone to your saber as seen on Hope

d. Reflection of attacks, as seen basically on any star wars movie. While most of the attacks in Star wars are basically deflected many of them are reflected that never happens here (not even on cooldowns)

e. Deflection of Force and tech attacks, well have you ever seen a Jedi parry a force lightning? Have you ever seen Malgus deflecting 2 out of the 3 missiles shot at him in “Hope” using the force to change their courses? Have you even seen Obi wan vs. Durge on the clone wars deflecting a flame thrower? Malgus deflecting the huge chunks of a ship on return? You don’t get to do that here, and it saddens me, it makes me think that my warrior doesn’t have the skill to perform such a feat.

“Beeing a ragdoll”

I am a tank and I can say one thing, I hate this game mobs, it seems every single mob has either a knockback or a pull and its really frustrating because you cannot control your character while everybody else is starting to DPS and you end up losing agro because we are melee. I did the new dailies on Corellia and specially the new Heroic 4+and I’ve faced mob setups (with no cc whatsoever) and this is what happened:

1. I run to the mob in order to have force charge ready to use when I get knocked back.

2. The First mercenary knocks me back.

3. I Charge

4. A Second merc will knock me back again

5. A robot will pull me in

6. The very same robot will knock me back right after pulling me in.

7. The other robot will pull me

8. The other robot that just pulled me knocks me back to a mercenary

9. The said mercenary knocks me back

You can imagine that at this point I am not happy nor amused by the said mechanics but rather I feel that I am a ragdoll, I imagine that this feeling is the thing that causes many other warrior tanks to go with the Hybrid tank, to have at least some degree of cc protection and this should not be the case in my eyes.

“Saying sorry to soresu stance”

Funny sub title right? Well that is how I feel every time I spend a point in the immortal tree (with some exceptions) in the whole immortal tree there is only one talent that actually reduces the damage you take and three other talents that barely help you mitigate “weapon damage” so when was leveling up there were only three times that I got excited to level up to use a talent

1. Force grip ( I love it )

2. Immortal

3. Crushing blow

So what’s the bad part? Two of those are to make more damage rather than reducing it. Almost every point in the immortal tree feels like it’s there to pay for the penalty of soresu, should it be different? Shouldn’t soresu be upgraded by the tree rather than giving all its benefits to anyone who uses it?

“PvP taunt”

I’m just going to say one thing; shouldn’t the person using this be at least in the tanking stance?

Well I guess that’s it. =) Thanks for reading

1. I run to the mob in order to have force charge ready to use when I get knocked back.

2. The First mercenary knocks me back.

3. I Charge

4. A Second merc will knock me back again

5. A robot will pull me in

6. The very same robot will knock me back right after pulling me in.

7. The other robot will pull me

8. The other robot that just pulled me knocks me back to a mercenary

9. The said mercenary knocks me back

You seem to be enjoying the new Corellia Heroic. A bit of an exaggeration on your part however. At the most I get pulled/knocked around three times at the start. Do I agree that those mobs have to much knockback, yes. However its not THAT bad.

You seem to be enjoying the new Corellia Heroic. A bit of an exaggeration on your part however. At the most I get pulled/knocked around three times at the start. Do I agree that those mobs have to much knockback, yes. However its not THAT bad.

well it only happened once xD but it did happen =p still i do get pulled and knocked back by the same mob pretty often ( plus cc reduces the effect a lot )