Idea to Make PVE Interesting to PVP Players

crasiat

I do not like to PVE much and got to level 50 mostly by doing warzones. I will PVE more if all level 50 dailies for all planets were done in the same areas for both factions. That way you can do your dailies but have to always watch your back for the other side. This will make the game so much fun for me because I will always be looking over my back for other players. I will also like to get rid of PVP gear because if the gear was the same for both PVP and PVE, then PVP players like me will have an incentive to do PVE content to get better gear. What do you guys think?

I will also like to get rid of PVP gear because if the gear was the same for both PVP and PVE, then PVP players like me will have an incentive to do PVE content to get better gear. What do you guys think?

No, just no! I don't want to see people in operation gear dominating the warzones, just because they like to raid. If one likes to do some PvE, that's fine, but it should not be necessary to get the best gear for PvP.

Edited by Drudenfusz

I do not like to PVE much and got to level 50 mostly by doing warzones. I will PVE more if all level 50 dailies for all planets were done in the same areas for both factions. That way you can do your dailies but have to always watch your back for the other side. This will make the game so much fun for me because I will always be looking over my back for other players. I will also like to get rid of PVP gear because if the gear was the same for both PVP and PVE, then PVP players like me will have an incentive to do PVE content to get better gear. What do you guys think?

If this forces players into doing PvP on PvE servers, then no.

Edited by llesna

No, just no! I don't want to see people in operation gear dominating the warzones, just because they like to raid. If one likes to do some PvE, that's fine, but it should not be necessary to get the best gear for PvP.

By the same token, the PvP gear should be worthless for PvE environments.

I still vote no.

This is the consequence of Bioware's decision (with player demands... you don't get to be blameless on this) for PvP-specific abilities/gear, and the Holy Trinity (tank, DPS, heals) game style.

This would encourage (or create) an environment where people doing their PvE dailies would be hunted by the PvP players (those looking for PvP... obviously everyone would need to be flagged). This puts the PvE players at a disadvantage: if they are geared for PvE, then they are hamstrung against the hunters and if they are geared for PvP, then they are going to be slogging through the quests.

The PvP players on the other hand, get to gear out entirely for PvP and even get the advantage of being able to set up brain-dead ambushes. I'm not a big fan of PvP, but even I'd set up for that.

Now, if there weren't separations between PvE and PvP, then I'd be fine with it. The PvP hunters would just be another obstacle in the quests.

In PVE servers, other players cannot attack you unless you flag yourself for PVP. Thus, I do not see how this idea of more interaction with the other faction is going to affect PVE players. With regards to getting rid of PVP gear, me and lots of other people who play this game do not have the time to get both PVE & PVP gear. My guild keeps inviting me to do PVE stuff but I am a liability with my PVP gear. For example, I am usually the top healer in warzones but I tried a hard mode with my PVP gear and after several tries needed to quit. There have to be a better way for players to enjoy both PVE & PVP.