Help Appreciated...Can this computer run TOR ok?

BMacsimus

I am sorry to bother everyone, I have a laptop and have been able to play The Old Republic, but it's pretty slow and choppy...really takes away from the experience of a game that I really enjoy. I am looking to get a new computer, this time a desktop, but I don't have a ton to spend. Can anyone tell me if a computer with the following specs will run this game ok please:

AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics

8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

4MB L2 cache memory

1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics

Feature up to 4089MB total available video memory for lush images with vivid detail.

Thank you very much in advance

Thank you, I will eventually upgrade the graphics card-that one should be far better than mine now (512MB). Please pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by PSU? I think that stands for Power Supply Unit?...

Yes you are correct. I think a high quality PSU is mandatory for a gaming pc.

The Corsair PSUs are my favorites but other players prefer the Antec or the Cooler Master ones.

A high quality PSU has many advantages:

-modular cables = no annoying wires in your pc case = better air flow and aesthetic

-higher efficiency rating = less heat production = less job for your psu and pc case fans + more ecological and quiet + save money on your electricy bill

-better and bigger psu components = higher psu longevity

-higher voltage (with the same voltage requirements) = better psu longevity + less psu sound

-better voltage management = better for all your other pc case components

-better and bigger fan = less noise + better cooling system