Chat and the Economics of Therapy

revial

Make speaking in public channels cost you a set fee based on the number of people who are in that channel.

For example, there are 150 people on the Imperial Fleet.

JoeBob wants to speak on General Chat.

Every time he says something, the game debits 1000 credits per person, so 1000 x 150, and gives each of those 150 people 1000 credits.

I figure, if JoeBob and all his other random General Chat heroes want to treat public chat channels as therapy sessions as they spew forth things even a trained psychologist would have a hard time dealing with, the least they can do is pay the rest of us for what is currently...free therapy.

Thanks.

Make speaking in public channels cost you a set fee based on the number of people who are in that channel.

For example, there are 150 people on the Imperial Fleet.

JoeBob wants to speak on General Chat.

Every time he says something, the game debits 1000 credits per person, so 1000 x 150, and gives each of those 150 people 1000 credits.

I figure, if JoeBob and all his other random General Chat heroes want to treat public chat channels as therapy sessions as they spew forth things even a trained psychologist would have a hard time dealing with, the least they can do is pay the rest of us for what is currently...free therapy.

Thanks.

I rather like the idea, but don't start at that kind of fee. Base it on a "chat reputation" type of thing, the lower your reputation, the more it costs you to chat in general. You could add little light side/dark side icons at the end of each comment, equivalent of thumbs up or down.

So if im in the fleet and there is 100 people on, im going to be charged 100k for saying anything in a public channel (Like general) Yeh, cause BW/EA would be so stupid to piss off 99% of there playerbase, if i was charged to talk in chat i would quit hands down.

If this is a serious suggestion, that you want me to pluck down a fee to use the chat...What the [censored] is wrong with you? If you don't like what's going down in general you can toggle channels on and off.

Not to mention there is an ignore feature for a reason, no way am i gonna stand by and have to pay over 200k during primetime to send a dam message.

And watch as only rich, multiple high levelled, super-guilded characters can use public chat?

There should positively be a cash reward for posting in trade, with the mess of the GTN and the server populations so low, I have not, since early January, ever seen the trade channel used.