The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Slight dilemma

LordPorkins

Hey guys. Just some advice.

I started up playing this MMO a few months ago, made a bounty hunter on a PvE server. Really enjoyed using her. But found that I loved PvP. Played a few other characters on PvP servers but wanted to come back to the BH. I started a new BH on a busy PvP server but then I thought should I wait for server transfers. Go back and level my original BH while I am waiting then transfer her across to a PvP server when I can. the problem is that while I am levelling I don't get any of the benefit of the PvP server until the transfer happens.

What do you think?

So what exactly are people doing on the PvP servers if they aren't attacking the opposite faction?

Warzones.

PvP servers have a better playerbase for PvP so it is still a good idea to transfer to a PvP server if you like PvP.

Apparently, even the "shared" planets are faction-instanced. For example, if you, as Imperial, were to go to Taris, and a Republic player went to the same location on Taris, you would not see each other, because you are in two different instances of Taris.

I guess the reasoning for this is because Taris is telling two different stories at different stages of your progression, or something. I think that is a pretty lame reason to instance it. One because it completely removes interfaction interaction, which is absolute folly on a PvP server to boot, and two because they really could have achieved that with a single instance of the planet. It's not like you're going to be talking to each other's quest givers, after all.

What a dibacle.