The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Death from Above - Why the nerf???

I am just posting to get opinions from my fellow PTs. The reduction in range of DPS for DFA has really put a cramp in its usefulness. It was my main attack when dealing with large groups whether in PvP or PvE. I noticed it is also lesser than Lightening storm or Orbital Strike when it comes to the AoE. Not happy with this change, especially with PvP. Mobs can just easily slip away from the DPS. Then Lightening Storm and Orbital Strike they have to fight through an extra five meters of damage. I think this nerf was not needed at all, and the developers should revert it back to the way it was.

I ahve the opposite experience ... Mobs are knocked back so far by oribital strike that sometimes they only get hit once. In addition the hits for orbital strike happen so far apart that the mobs just get up and run away. DFA is great in both those respects ... the hits occur very close together and the knockback is more like a knockdown. Nothing escapes. I'm still one-shoting a close group of three mobs at level 21with it ... it's certainly not underpowered. It does it's job.

Bottom Line: I completely agree, but we need more people voicing this opinion so the Devs will hear us.

Is it me or is the AoE actually just a tad smaller than the circle on the ground? Seems, when I drop it if a target is on the edge they don't get hit. Unlike the Sorc's LS. :(

I don't know about the rest of you but this move is very, very important to my solo play.

The lack of an interrupt, increase in heat build-up, and the nerf of DFA has really made playing my Bounty Hunter rough. I used to enjoy playing my BH. I was able to take a gold and a silver in the same mob using all my skills and having my gear moded up to level. Now, I just barely survive some golds or pairs of silvers after using my CM. Especially at the later levels when you have healers in the mobs and can't interrupt their heals. DFA helped by making the healers deal with more than one injured friend. Now, my BH has to stop after every fight to lower his heat and sometimes to wait for Concussion Missle to Cool Down. :(