Set Bonus Problems

Archturus

If you ply Pyrotech in PVE you will run into a problem like I have. The set bonuses for PVE on the eliminator set do pretty much nothing for you. The 2 piece set bonus helps, (+15% crit chance to powershot) but the 4 piece set bonus (reduces heat cost of rail shot by 8) is almost useless being half the time you use railshot it is free anyway.

Before you say that Pyrotech shouldn't be used in PVE, I disagree. It is a great build for PVE as well, especially on boss encounters that are prolonged fights. At this point it would almost be better for me to try and get the 4 piece bonus on the power-tech gear for the +8% damage to rail shot, but then the 2 piece set bonus is useless to me.

All I am asking, is for Bioware to consider that not everyone plays Arsenal in PVE but the set bonuses all but make you have to in order to really get the bonus out of your gear. Please consider more advanced set bonuses which depend on play style.

Even tho your point is valid, you would do much better DPS as Arsenal.

You would be basing this off of experience, because there are no DPS meters atm. I have played both extensively, and I believe they are both viable within certain encounters. Prolonged encounters the pyrotech wins in DPS, short window encounters (boss encounters that require windows of DPS) then Arsenal wins.