Ability Casting Order - BH Merc Class

DexxTaslab

Greetings,

Just trying to establish a good order for using Abilities in fights.

I usually open with Death From Above

Explosive Dart

Sweeping Blaster (by this time all adds should be gone)

Powershot

Rocket Punch (if they're close)

Flamethrower (if they're still in my face)

I'm welcome to thoughts, suggestions and maybe the odd flame. ;)

Cheers

Docc on Dreshdae Cantina

Greetings,

Just trying to establish a good order for using Abilities in fights.

I usually open with Death From Above

Explosive Dart

Sweeping Blaster (by this time all adds should be gone)

Powershot

Rocket Punch (if they're close)

Flamethrower (if they're still in my face)

I'm welcome to thoughts, suggestions and maybe the odd flame. ;)

Cheers

Docc on Dreshdae Cantina

First of all, Death from Above is just AWESOME. I don't find myself using it so much though because at lvl 12, I'm just too powerful to even need it, stuff just falls over dead too quickly.

I find myself spamming powershot a lot. I like to open with Explosive dart on the big mob, follow up with a power shot then that single-target 3seconds of murder spell, follow up with another power shot. Usually when the boom goes off, it finishes off the big guy and the other 2 guys just need a click each of the spammable attack.

I don't like flamethrower at all, I have it on my bar, but used it once or twice maybe. Rocket punch I will throw in the rotation though with a melee mob.

Completely offtopic, but my favorite part of being a BH so far is that my quest givers have a 50/50 shot of winding up dead after wanting my assistance. Love it.

I chose Powertech not merc, and I have absolutely NO clue about how threat works in swtor, but opening with death from above may pull aggro from the tank before he can gain aggro on everyone, just saying.

Entirely speculative though

I chose Powertech not merc, and I have absolutely NO clue about how threat works in swtor, but opening with death from above may pull aggro from the tank before he can gain aggro on everyone, just saying.

Entirely speculative though

It does, my juggernaut friend hates when I do that :p.

Edited by beanzapper

Currently with the skills I have available I like to spam tracer Missle until 5 stacks and followup with Unload & Rail Shot.

For AoE...

Fusion Missile

Explosive Dart

Sweeping Blaster

Toss in Rocket Punch whenever for that personnel touch and Threat from Above whenever to feel like a god.:D

Assuming you're going Arsenal your rotation while levelling from 20 onward will be Tracer missle till 5 stacks, keep Unload and Rail gun on CD and manage heat in between by keeping up the Tracer missile stacks and heat low enough to use Unload and Railshot as soon as they are available.

This'll change once heatseeking missile comes into play but while levelling it works fine.

For weak packs DfA will usually oneshot everything, add an explosive dart in the mix to ensure everything does indeed die. If DfA is on CD, Concussive missile, Explosive Dart, Sweeping Blasters.

In group content your role will be to CC something (once you get the right ability) and then you can just rattle away with the single target rotation.