My feelings about the game

Numeanor

Haven't found any other place to post this, but I would like to write down some of my opinions and feelings about this game.

I play this game almost since release, I had around 1 month of pause during that time, but I played most of the rest of this time.

My main is commando trooper which is the only level 50 so far. I had pretty hard time coming to level 50 and yeah I was pretty newbish all the time. Most of things I have learned by dying or getting hit up on the head - avoid heroic areas if you are alone, don't run around without healing companion, etc..

So let me start with good stuff in this game:

- questing and story are one of the biggest good side of game. I have never seen any MMO pulling my character so much into story and scene and I have never felt I have so much influence on story. I know that story is still driving us around, but still I can choose many things and everything makes me fell like I'm playing in a movie.

- combat - I like ranged combat and melee to some extend. I like the feel how I'm engaged in combat and that combat feels much more active than just pressing some random buttons. Doing some quests where you have some elite mobs you always have to be on toes and to use your abilities to survive. In flashpoints I have feeling like I'm doing a great part of job and without me group wouldn't be able to finish it.

- I love companions and crafting. It's so good to have them and do work for you while you are busy doing your stuff around. I always have all 5 companions on missions and still have one with me helping me out. A lot of times my companions saved my life and they fell like your best friends you have. Also they often spice up things in story :)

- I like space combat even if it is so limited and repetitive. I loved all scenes from movies when they fought in space combats and I think BW should put more effort into it. After all game is called STAR WARS and not some ground force or something. I would also love to see more mission and maybe even some space combat PvP.

- I love my space ship as it provides me peaceful space for me and companions and it feels like home for me. I love we can customize it a bit but I would love to have much more of that. We should have more equipment for ship, like blasters, power generators, armor materials, shield generators. But I don't think only like that few we have in game, but more like EVE online style.

And here is bad stuff:

- after I dinged level 50 I haven't found anything else to do as grinding dailies which are same EVERY day and flashpoints which I can get bored pretty fast. I don't like PvP war zones pretty much as I'm not so much PvP person. I usually don't like PvP just because it is not balanced and balance can never be achieved at least not in majority of MMOs. Dailies should be changing every day. Like today you do those 5, tomorrow 2 of those mission changes to something else,... something to spice things up.

- low server population. Not only I have hard time finding group for heroic missions, but also for flashpoints and I have less buyers and sellers on GTN so I can't really make credits unless I do grinding dailies everyday which get's me bored pretty easily. I have also hard time getting rare crafting materials and unless I get them by myself I cannot craft myself good stuff. This is also very limiting factor.

- I miss some LFG tool for missions, not for flashpoints. I like idea that devs implemented in Rift. You go near rift and other people as well and you click join public group and voila you cans start killing right away. Maybe there should be like some terminal or some check point near heroic mission area or from UI where you click to tag yourself for specific heroic mission. When there are enough people for mission we should get notice to move to mission area and star killing. Right now I can only flag myself for LFG and wait whole day and often times people just don't see me I'm LFG for that specific mission. Maybe some help from game would be nice :)