Free Programs for Recording Gameplay

Pearlie

No, the title is not misleading. What are some good free programs for recording gameplay?

I haven't heard or found a free recording program out there, you could try some that will let your record but they are limited to recording certain lengths only as well putting the program name water mark in the recording. Realistically there is no free one.

I use fraps. Bought it 2 years ago and then I believe I paid 30 US for it and that includes any future updates/versions. It seems to have big file sizes but I went and tried some demo's of others and the file size is not that much bigger then any other.

MSI offer a free program called Afterburner available to everyone - not just those who have MSI graphics cards.

It's main use is to be able to adjust voltage, ram and fan settings however it also comes with a very good built in video and audio recorder. It's totally free, no time limit and it records in full HD or whatever your computer will support.

link => http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Technically you can sign up for livestream and get a recording of your livestream sessions free. Art is another hobby of mine and I frequently stream my artwork for friends and later turn them into "speedpaintings" to put on youtube. Livestream has a game optimization in their procaster settings.

try OverWolf. It's a awesome overlay program with many interesting features.

Thanks for that. I did. loving it already. don't think it'll be long before I wondered how the hell I did anything without it