Respec'd to Assault. Any tips?

Blitzinger

Respec'd to assault from gunnery. Was wondering if anyone had any tips on what works best. I assume eliminator armor is still the armor of choice...

Aye.

Remember to watch your ammo and avoid spamming Incendiary Round unless your about to die. Its a nice DoT and guaranteed to put a burn on someone but its not all that powerful. The Plasma Cell burn hits much harder.

Always use Assault Plastique the second it's up, its your main damage dealer and it hurts like hell. As a heads up though it is a tech based attack, so Assassins will shrug it off if they pop their defensive skill. Its like Assault's Demo Round, except we don't need to spam any other attacks on them for 4.5 seconds for it to be really effective.

High Impact Bolt is another thing you need to be using constantly. If its every up with its CD WITHOUT Ionic Accelerator it needs to be next skill you use, you don't want to proc Ionic Accelerator without HIB on CD. Also on Ionic Accelerator if you need some instant burst wait til the time of the Ionic Accelerator buff is at about half, throw an Assault Plastique, HIB, Full Auto (Ionic Accelerator Proc), HIB again. It hits like a dump truck, especially if they all crit.

Weave lots of Hammer Shots in. Hammer shot hits about 8 times per volley at 16% chance to cause the fire dot per-time. So its your best way to get the Plasma Cell DoT on your foe since we don't have a guaranteeing Plasma Cell applicator like Vangaurd does.

Also remember to take points into Steadied Aim. Being able to get your casts off while under fire will give you much better returns than a little bit more crit or whatever. Taugrum has a video on his blog about avoiding 'False Procs' with Ionic Accelerator, I suggest watching it.

Edited by Senscith

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say ionic accelerator though.

It's the skill that has a chance to refresh your high impact bolt every 6 seconds when you use full auto or charged bolt.