Sound broken after patch

Razdek

Great my sound is now all bugged after yesterdays maintenance. Starting to get really frustrated with all the downtime only to log back in and something new is broken. Get your act together bioware and hire someone who actually knows how to fix something!!!

Yeah my sound seems to be borked too. I had a whole conversation on Voss go missing, along with some background and foreground effects..

I've no idea how programming works, but screwing up sound routines while fixing a crafting exploit? I can't link one with the other. I wonder how long before they'll fix this one? The companion stats still aren't fixed on gear upgrades either, I still have to remove/replace their gear to have it updated.

I know bugs creep in while fixing problems but it seems every time the game goes down a new one crops up.

Edited by Gazzaho

Patches bring big solutions and sometimes small problems. I think Bioware is doing a fine job with handling these small patch problems within a certain time frame.

The sound has been broken since 1.2, and not this last minor patch. It is entirely possible they attempted to fix it and introduced another issue though.

I just want to say that this is not a "small problem". If this particular issue had been there at release, the entire community would have had a very different opinion on the story part of this game. While it doesn't break the game, It truly makes it unplayable if you are wanting to listen to the voiceovers. Completely restarting the game was the only solution before. I have no doubt they will fix it, but I do believe this is a major issue. Not hearing sounds in pvp, ops, and stories completely changes gameplay.

The sound has been broken since 1.2, and not this last minor patch. It is entirely possible they attempted to fix it and introduced another issue though.

I just want to say that this is not a "small problem". If this particular issue had been there at release, the entire community would have had a very different opinion on the story part of this game. While it doesn't break the game, It truly makes it unplayable if you are wanting to listen to the voiceovers. Completely restarting the game was the only solution before. I have no doubt they will fix it, but I do believe this is a major issue. Not hearing sounds in pvp, ops, and stories completely changes gameplay.

For some, including myself the sound problems have been there from day one, the day it was released, not just from 1.2. The sound in this game has always been an issue for me. I've informed Bio that it was the main reason I would unsubscribe in a pre 1.2 email they sent asking my opinion of the state of the game.

1.2 fixed a lot of sound issues I was having, speeder sounds muting for no reason, background effects overriding everything else. A lot of issues I was having pre 1.2 seemed to be addressed, this last patch has introduced sound issues again, a droid on patrol passing by for instance, will cause the background and foreground effects to stutter as its sound tries to compete with those other sounds.

Edited by Gazzaho