Annihilation Rotation PvE (raiding)

Ghostofthesky

I just recently switched specs from carnage to annihilation. Since changing i would think that to keep high damage would be to keep your 3stack of bleeds from deadly blades going at all times, but so far i haven't had much luck, i get lucky sometimes and my CD happens to finish right before my 6 secs are up. I'm just trying to see if anyone has found a good rotation to keep the stacks up but keep DPS high.

just the other day i was doing training on the dummies on the Space station and trying to make sure i hit my 3 stack each time to keep it up knocked my DPS to the ground around 462DPS, then i decided to not worry about keeping the 3 stack up and just rebuffing it every time it went out and i got up to 1060ish DPS over a 3 minute fight (both times).

And also before you ask yes, berserk was used.

any ideas?

I just recently switched specs from carnage to annihilation. Since changing i would think that to keep high damage would be to keep your 3stack of bleeds from deadly blades going at all times, but so far i haven't had much luck, i get lucky sometimes and my CD happens to finish right before my 6 secs are up. I'm just trying to see if anyone has found a good rotation to keep the stacks up but keep DPS high.

just the other day i was doing training on the dummies on the Space station and trying to make sure i hit my 3 stack each time to keep it up knocked my DPS to the ground around 462DPS, then i decided to not worry about keeping the 3 stack up and just rebuffing it every time it went out and i got up to 1060ish DPS over a 3 minute fight (both times).

And also before you ask yes, berserk was used.

any ideas?

Charge (12sec cd) > Deadly Saber (12sec cd) > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate > Ravage > Assault > Force Scream (if you can squeeze it in and the stars align) > Charge > DS.

Don't let the 3 stacks rolling in a fight, wait for them to drop then reapply. It's a dps loss if you keep them up constantly, as you could see from your testing. For the masses, I use Force Scream in my rotation as and when I can for that extra push of dps. Sure, Vicious Slash does the same job and costs less, but if you can afford the Scream on its 10 sec cd, go for it. It's down to your play style though. If you don't want to use Scream, just replace it with Vicious Slash when everything else is on cd.

I'm just trying to see if anyone has found a good rotation to keep the stacks up but keep DPS high.

There is no rotation for Marauders beyond the opening sequence:

Charge > DS > BA > Rupture > Anni > Rav

After that, it's a priority.

Force Scream (if you can squeeze it in and the stars align)

Don't use Force Scream for Anni. It's a dps waste for the Rage used. Better to use Vicious Slash as it can refresh Rupture.

Edited by Lostpenguins

There is no rotation for Marauders beyond the opening sequence:

Charge > DS > BA > Rupture > Anni > Rav

After that, it's a priority.

Yep. Kiba's guide at the top of the forum covers it pretty well, but beyond the standard opener, there's no rotation (and in fact, no Marauder spec really has a rotation). Due to the GCD mechanic and differing recast times, there's never a clean alignment of skills that permits a consistent order.

In practice, you want to keep 3 Annihilator stacks up whenever possible, and keep Rupture, Annihilate, Deadly Saber, Ravage, Battering Assault, and Vicious Throw (target under 30%) on cooldown as frequently as possible, without overwriting your own DOTs. If you spec'd out the minimum distance of Force Charge (and for PVE, I would), you should use it as often as possible for an additional rage generator except on fights when you know you'll need the gap closer or an extra interrupt.

Most of the finer "skill" of playing Marauder in general is knowing which skills are the highest priority to use at any given point in time when more than one option is available.

Edited by Omophorus