What is the base crit chance

konstan

+5% from 10k affection

and I think 10% if you're crafting yellow difficulty and 15% if you're crafting green difficulty. But I'm not entire sure on those percentages. There's a thread over at sithwarrior.com where they dug into the game files to find it out exactly.

Reposting here so its all in one place.

I need to check if 400 synth makes the rakata belt crafting a yellow or green. If it is green, the chance of crit then should be 15% (base green) + 5% (affection max) + 5% (jaesa bonus), i.e. 1 in 4.

--- --- --- ---

Chance to Crit/Fail and Affection Bonuses:

The prfProfessionInfoPrototype node has some basic info on all the crafting skills. But, what caught my eye the most were sections that indicate chance to crit, chance to fail, and crit and efficiency maximums for companion affection.

Crafting crew skills cannot fail.

Harvesting and mission skills have a base failure rate based on difficulty:

Grey = 0%

Green = 1%

Yellow = 5%

Orange = 10%

All crew skills have a base crit chance based on difficulty:

Grey & Green= 15%

Yellow & Orange = 10%

And, the affection crit maximum is 5% and the affection efficiency maximum is 15%. Presumably, this is if you have maximized companion affection, and I don't know how these bonuses scale for affection less than maximum. I also assume that affection bonuses add to the base rates, plus any bonuses the individual companion has. Edit: See here for the formula for the affection efficiency bonus, which the reddit user Deimous worked out.