Server Advise Please

Rabiescat

Hola, I'm wondering what are some good East Coast PvP servers that also have a decent number of guilds doing PvE progression. I am having trouble picking one because there aren't any reliable guild ranking sites, and the server forums are clumped together by alphabet.

I'm willing to go either faction, whichever has the most PvE progression guilds (I understand this varies per server).

I know The Fatman has the highest population, if I go there which faction would be the best in terms of PvE progression and which would be the best in terms of PvP activity.

Any constructive input would be awesome,

Thanks.

Damn this wen't down fast. Bump.

Also im seeing a lot of threads about how the game is dying, kind of scary for someone who just bought it.

Dont worry about that too much. My server poulation has not been dropping at all. Plus the event brought back a lot of people. Unfortunately I cant really help you since I play on a European servers. Just a friendly warning not to be dragged into the negativity of the forums then :)

The highest populated servers right now are The Fatman, The Harbinger, and Ajunta Pall. All are good for pvp. The Fatman is currently said to be the best server for pvp (wins vs losses/ player organization). There can often be long queues however during certain times of day. I also know that on off hours such as 4-5am eastern there is a population of at least 80 to 100 in any given area. Peak hours population is significantly higher. Edited by badboynix

Also im seeing a lot of threads about how the game is dying, kind of scary for someone who just bought it.

No it isn't dying. The reasons why... I'm too tired, welcome to mmo forums...

The game isn't dying. There are just way too many servers since launch. Bioware isn't working fast enough on population concerns/server transfers. So it is giving off an impression that no one is playing. That is why many players have taken their own initiative to re-roll on specific servers such as The Fatman and The Harbinger.

Since you want East PVP, I would recommend Jung Ma - the second most populated east PVP server. It's actually Rp-PVP, but IMO thats actually a good thing. No queues like with the Fatman, i have yet to run into any trolls (Fatman was full of them from the moment i logged on). Recently started playing Republic there and have had a very good experience so far.

If you want to look at PVE progression info and guilds, look at the Server Forum sections and take a look at the server PVE threads there.

Edited by Z-ToXiN