Ideas on where to start getting geared for PVE?

Daxr

So I took a few month hiatus from SWTOR because real life was interfering. Now I'm back and playing my trooper again. Granted, things with 1.2 have made the class....different and there are multiple people I've spoken with who have even claimed that we're useless. It makes me wonder how hard it is going to be to get into a group as a slightly undergeared 50.

Progression has to start somewhere sadly, that's just how MMOs work. You can't hit 50 and *poof*, you're now geared to run HMs and Ops. I'm guessing to start running normal mode 50 flashpoints, but those are hard to find on my server. Most people that run 50 flashpoints are running HMs. So here's where my question comes in.

Does anyone have a guide/ideas for getting geared, possibly without the use of fps? I'm looking to DPS as a Commando and I'm currently in Centurion PVP gear which they have now patched out of the game. PVP gear used to viable for PVE, but is this still the case? Thank you.

Daily quests. Belsavis, Corellia (Black Hole) and Ilum. Do those if you can't get into a Flashpoint or a HM flashpoint. It'll give you the starter gear and mods/barrels/etc for oranges.

PvP gear isn't a bad starter point, but if you wind up doing HM Ops or Nightmare you'll want the PvE endgame gear not the PVP.

Edited by PacificaSolaria

So I took a few month hiatus from SWTOR because real life was interfering. Now I'm back and playing my trooper again. Granted, things with 1.2 have made the class....different and there are multiple people I've spoken with who have even claimed that we're useless. It makes me wonder how hard it is going to be to get into a group as a slightly undergeared 50.

Progression has to start somewhere sadly, that's just how MMOs work. You can't hit 50 and *poof*, you're now geared to run HMs and Ops. I'm guessing to start running normal mode 50 flashpoints, but those are hard to find on my server. Most people that run 50 flashpoints are running HMs. So here's where my question comes in.

Does anyone have a guide/ideas for getting geared, possibly without the use of fps? I'm looking to DPS as a Commando and I'm currently in Centurion PVP gear which they have now patched out of the game. PVP gear used to viable for PVE, but is this still the case? Thank you.

If you are in full Centurion PVP gear you're already geared enough to run HMs and anything but NM Ops. If you don't mind the grind, you can do dailies but it's a PITA. Easiest way to gear up would be to just run Lost Island over and over and over and over and over again. HMs no longer have a cooldown period, so you can just continue running the same ones. Be aware that you will likely have to buy gear for other classes to get the right modifications to fix the Accuracy overload on our Rakata and Columi gear.