NPC Voices

kidistight

Has anyone noticed the NPC's not talking during missions. I am fairly new, I completed the mission yesterday where the lady doesn't want to break code silence. Well I continued completing missions when occasionally they would be talking but nothing comes out. I know they are speaking for the simple fact the camera is centered on them and it will eventually show the subtitles of what they just said.

I knew it was a problem because the old white hair general was talking on a holocall but I couldn't hear a word. Since I was going to log for the night I didn't bother last night.

I have had the same problems with the NPC's. Also, I have noticed that the left sound out of my speakers was off. I had to log out and log back in for it to work. This also reset the NPC speech. Give it a try, I hope it helps!

As far as I can say, they're still having issues with sounds. I've noticed sounds falling away after long playsessions (few hours at least) and I have the impression that loading between characters a lot amplifies the problem. This leads me to believe there's a problem with the buffering of sounds actually; memory leak perhaps?

The best remedy I found is to simply log out of the game and restart it, so everything is flushed from memory. Doesn't take very long compared to the time you can then play with full sounds again (at least for me).

I've had this happen a few times too. It's a new bug that's popped up with 1.2. The sound bug also at times will drop all noise but ambient. i've haven't seen any official response on the issues from Bioware though.

If you get the latter and worse version of the bug all you can do is close your game and relaunch your client to fix it.