A Request for guidance

Lowenhertz

In brief:

I've just come back to the game with patch 1.2 and i'm looking for tips and any advice people are willing to give in order to bring my play back up to a good level.

Extended:

I played my merc extensively at launch and simply loved the char all round. I was doing well in pvp (i knew merc was pretty OP back then) and got a reasonable level of pvp gear before I stopped playing due to friends stopping play.

Having come back to the game now i'm fully aware my gear is holding me back in no small part but I very often get the feeling that I'm disadvantaging my team by taking that slot in a warzone over another player / class. I very much want to get back to where I was when i stopped playing originally so I'm requesting advice to help me get back there.

On a side note, is crit / surge still top of stat prio? Is eliminator gear the best for a merc dps setup or is a mixing the sets worth it? Is Pyro the primary option for merc pvp dps now?

I invite any info, even the most basic as i'd rathet get the thoughts of experienced players than make assumptions.

Thank you in advance.