Gearing a Fresh 50 Sent (Focus)

AdmiralOnasi

I'm about to ping 50 on my Sentinel. Most of the time I've been in the Focus tree I've chosen upgrades that have Power and Surge on them. When I hit 50, I'm going to start doing the dailies for the comms so I can get the better armorings and such.

What's the "right" amount of surge where you can still get the big Force Sweep crits without handicapping yourself through diminishing returns?

Is there a way to min/max power and surge with the daily rewards and the new craftable PvP gear? Would it be more efficient to get BM gear and extract the mods that I want into my crafted armor?

Before 1.2 you could take PvP gear into hardmodes and raids and generally do ok, I've heard this has changed. Is PvP gear "only" for PvP now and vice versa?

I'm about to ping 50 on my Sentinel. Most of the time I've been in the Focus tree I've chosen upgrades that have Power and Surge on them. When I hit 50, I'm going to start doing the dailies for the comms so I can get the better armorings and such.

What's the "right" amount of surge where you can still get the big Force Sweep crits without handicapping yourself through diminishing returns?

Is there a way to min/max power and surge with the daily rewards and the new craftable PvP gear? Would it be more efficient to get BM gear and extract the mods that I want into my crafted armor?

Before 1.2 you could take PvP gear into hardmodes and raids and generally do ok, I've heard this has changed. Is PvP gear "only" for PvP now and vice versa?

Every enhancement should have max Power and Surge. Advanced Adept Enhancement 22 is what you want. You want to maximize your Surge and Force Bonus Damage amounts. Later, you'll want to raise Critical up somewhat, but the PVP armor you fall into with BM gear should help with that. You'll need that to help with the filler damage from other abilities as you are waiting for Singularity to build or if you don't have time to wait for a Leap to come off cooldown.

Maxxed out, your Surge should be around 78% for Melee and 108% for Force. I'll be moving into War Hero gear soon so I'm shopping around to find what Enhancements I can use to maximize, but it looks like I'll be using ones from Trooper WH gear. Considering Enhancement options are always Surge heavy and I haven't seen a Power/Critical Enhancement, you'll just have to suffer some amount of diminishing returns on Surge.

I still regularly use my PVP gear to PVE if I bother. If you have/can get a full set of Rakata for doing your PVE stuff then I would suggest that as you'll have more survivability with the much larger amounts of Endurance.

Edited by RoyFokker