what to buy first at 50 pvp?

Durbenmewgen

I can second that, I hit 50 the other day myself and have just got my 4-piece BM bonus (also picked up the belt early on because the one I was using was way under-level) but buying the main-hand weapon has by far been the most noticeable change...

With the possible exception of thigh-high boots on my male character, I mean what's that all about?

Edited by -Siala-

I'd contra the above advice. admittedly pre 1.2 and my 56 crystal from the vendor, only 'old ironhands' could out do my custom blaster. Post 1.2 I guess a crit crafted blaster with augment would be better, but with good custom blaster DPS I'd concentrate on being as non squishy as possible.

I'd contra the above advice. admittedly pre 1.2 and my 56 crystal from the vendor, only 'old ironhands' could out do my custom blaster. Post 1.2 I guess a crit crafted blaster with augment would be better, but with good custom blaster DPS I'd concentrate on being as non squishy as possible.

Just curious, what mods were you using in your old custom blaster??

Bearing in mind he's just hit 50 as well I'd say it's unlikely he's got any mods that stack up close to BM standard - I know I didn't! I'd say the same thing applies to an augmented crafted blaster: great if you've got BM/WH mods to put into it, otherwise it just seems a bit of a pointless investment straight after hitting 50.

Short-term I'd say get Recruit armour to make you a bit less squishy to start with, get BM blasters as soon as you can then get the mods out and into a pair of crit-crafted customs and work on BM armour from there. I was reluctant to spend the credits on Recruit myself since I thought I wouldn't need it for the grind, but I regret not using it to "fill the gaps" earlier on; plus it'll always do for Gus or Risha once you've got your BM sorted.

Even with 4-piece BM + belt now I still feel pretty squishy, but I'm glad I've got the DPS now to deter anyone from standing in my firing line for long, and to be able to bring them down if they do.

Edited by -Siala-

My order of buying is simple - sort the items by price, then start buying from the bottom(the most expensive first).

That comes out as Mainhand -> offhand -> chest -> head -> legs etc.etc.

I also replace the MH weapon crystal with an expertise one.

Mainhand first, then whatever else you want.

The two-piece bonus is very nice for VS, Ald, and Novare, and the four-piece bonus is great for Huttball (you're almost never too far away to Quickdraw the opposing carrier to death).

Edited by flem