companion squads

republicrookie

to SWTOR team i've been wondering what if you could summon multiple companions for example

Trooper: in the story you become the leader of Havoc squad and some missions you build up your squad so I thought maybe you can go into action with that squad

Bounty Hunter: some bounty hunters work in teams to hunt down a difficult target again probably make a hunting party with your companions

reply back when you read this,

republicrookie

class: trooper

advanced class: commando

name: Hulmanzo

server: perlemian trade route

Edited by republicrookie

It's a shame you can't do this, though if you could, it would make the game far too easy, I'd love to be able to summon more than one companion at once as I think it'd be a lot of fun and you'd be able to do a lot more, without having to rely on a group of players to do things.

I don't think this will ever happen though, a shame.

reply back when you read this

I'm sure they'll get right on that~~~

Nah, if they allowed you to summon a whole squad of companions, it'd remove any reason to group with other players, effectively turning it into a straight single player game.

This is an MMO, you know.

to SWTOR team i've been wondering what if you could summon multiple companions for example

Trooper: in the story you become the leader of Havoc squad and some missions you build up your squad so I thought maybe you can go into action with that squad

Bounty Hunter: some bounty hunters work in teams to hunt down a difficult target again probably make a hunting party with your companions

reply back when you read this,

republicrookie

Stop reposting.

In KOTOR (prequel to this game) you could have a party with a max of 3 (you, and 2 NPCs) while I do like this idea, I'm glad they atleast let us bring along one, for the kotor element.

I personally wanna see a story-mission where you have to fight something big and strong, and ALL your companions come to help. Sort of like reinforcements (granted, they'd be weaker...).

I think it would un balance openworld/dueling pvp, though. Abd maybe it would make flashpoint and heroics to soloable.

Interesting idea, nonetheless. Hope I didn't come off to rude or anything.

It's a shame you can't do this, though if you could, it would make the game far too easy, I'd love to be able to summon more than one companion at once as I think it'd be a lot of fun and you'd be able to do a lot more, without having to rely on a group of players to do things.

I don't think this will ever happen though, a shame.

That's why i'm doing this

There was one mission, as a trooper, where we had to raid a star destroyer. I had one battle with all of my companions when we landed and my was it epic.

Then I had to run multiple missions with one companion and meet another at a fixed point, pick him up and go run some more missions.

The whole operation was stressing each companion's area of expertise.

I would like to see more ops like that where I have to switch companions because of their expertise.

Maybe if a player met a specific criteria, like diligently looking for a group for an hour and no one would join up, then be allowed to take maybe 1 extra companion on a heroic or something like that.

Probably won't happen but just an idea.

There was one mission, as a trooper, where we had to raid a star destroyer. I had one battle with all of my companions when we landed and my was it epic.

Then I had to run multiple missions with one companion and meet another at a fixed point, pick him up and go run some more missions.

The whole operation was stressing each companion's area of expertise.

I would like to see more ops like that where I have to switch companions because of their expertise.

Maybe if a player met a specific criteria, like diligently looking for a group for an hour and no one would join up, then be allowed to take maybe 1 extra companion on a heroic or something like that.

Probably won't happen but just an idea.

I'd like something like this, since it's only in class quests, it wouldn't unbalance open world.