Sniper (Marksman) or Assassin (Deception)?

Zato_Airwing

OK since launch (Yes, I've been doing this THAT long, with long periods of inactivity due to RL concerns), I've been tossing between the two class' above but neither of them stick for long and I was wondering if I could get some input from the community to help me.

I'm a PvPer and PvEer, I do both about the same, so I was simply wondering;

What is more sought after?

Do they have the same damage output or is one greater then the other?

Is Assassin ONLY about backstabbing and running away or can it hold its own in 1v1's and 2v1's? Same question about the Sniper?

Which one has more LIGHT sided companions? (This one is a minor reason....buying gifts to make your people happy gets expensive >.> )

And lastly...which one is just all around more fitting for someone who enjoys hitting hard, running to the next target, and just slaughtering with little down time?

Help the indecisive one! PLEASE! Thanks for any help that is given!

I'd say Sniper is for you - The Assassin is not really a burst class, especially because Madness is the superior spec (at least for PVE, Idc about PVP) since they nerfed the Hybrid spec. Also, that might just be me though, I find Sniper (marksman) way more fun to play than a Sin, the rotation is smoother, you are not SO energystarved after a short while and can do more stuff overall. The Burst dmg a Sniper cann pull off in PVE at least is probably the best thing, Ambush, Followthrough, Instant Snipe is quite nice not to mention all the other fun abilities you have. Firing off two Series of Shots with Alacrity buff on in a row also hits pretty hard, just fun overall. Sin... Idk, 2 CS, Shock, Discharge... Maul when it procs, wait for energy... yawn :/

Also LS companions if you care:

Agent has only Vector who could be considered Light Side and Kaliyo who is dark side, everyone else is not so much LS or DS but more about the most intelligent thing to do (Lokin), the highest personal gain (Scorpio) and the loyalty to the empire (Ensign).

Inqui gets Ashara and Talos who are mostly LS although Talos is still a loyalist and Ashara is a bit more of a gray Jedi really. Khem is completely dark, Andronikos is a BH and likes credits and Xalek is also completely dark but mostly doesn't care about anything but killing and not talking (i have max affection with him and I swear he didn't use more than 30 words or so during the entire progression).

The Agent companions are the most interesting ones in the game though (personal opinion).

Edited by Aethyriel