Bug?! reserve power cell / field triage

Elfox

After searching the forums i found nothing about it so i would like to bring a problem to attention, there´s a bug wit ha combat medic talent named field triage (FT), and a activation skill named reserve power cell (RPC).

The problem is as follows, field triage procs every time you use AMP and it reduces the costs of MP by 1 ammo, and RPC reduces the energy cell cost of your next ability by 100% por 15 sec, now when you use RPC while FT is up, if you use MP it will consume both the RPC and FT.

Can someone give me some feedback as in, is this a bug or is it working as intended?

im out.

Reductions typically stop at 0. You can't cost negative ammo, so a zero cost ability with it's ammo cost reduced by one still costs 0.

Another way you can look at it is to start with the -1 cost and then consider the reserve cell buff to override the cost completely afterwards, making the original -1 cost pointless even though it still occurred.

The easiest way to parse this event is to assume that Field Triage gets calculated first.

So Field Triage brings the cost from 3 to 2, and then Reserve Power Cell brings the cost to zero. But equally simply: Things cannot cost less than zero. The only two abilities that will return ammo are Supercharge Gas/Cells and Vent Heat/Fast Reload.