Which Blackhole Relic to pick? Damage Tree

Elitebhy

At long last, just got my 200 daily tokens. Was wondering which relic I should pick. I hear that energy/kinetic damage are mitigated by armor and hence internal/elemental damage would do more damage against PVE bosses and I suppose in PVP.

But anyways guys, which relic should I pick.

I parsed on the operation dummies on the fleet and my kinetic relic crushed the internal relic by about 1900 damage. For buffs I just had the knight buff and spammed strike for roughly 3 minutes for both parses. I will parse later when I get off work and post it here if no one else has done so.

This makes sense to me because while internal/elemental are not mitigated kinetic and energy relics have such higher damage on them that they would need to have roughly half of their damage mitigated in order to come in line with the unmitigated internal/elemental relics.

Mmm, that is interesting.

Campaign Relic of the Cerulean Nova

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 246 additional energy damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

Campaign Relic of Elemental Transcendance

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 184 additional elemental damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

So it appears the gap between the two is 62 damages or roughly a quarter of the damages capable of being dealt by a kinetic/energy relic.

Mmm, that is interesting.

Campaign Relic of the Cerulean Nova

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 246 additional energy damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

Campaign Relic of Elemental Transcendance

On Hit: Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 184 additional elemental damage to the target. This effect can only occur once every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects.

So it appears the gap between the two is 62 damages or roughly a quarter of the damages capable of being dealt by a kinetic/energy relic.

Elemental damage is not effected by Armor though, so depends on how much Armor a boss actually has.

For PvP i'd always take the elemental one.