Sorcerer Class Issues

LordVosler

Greetings all. It seems the most popular advanced class in SWTOR has been nerfed once again. I honestly don't think the sorcerer is overpowered by any means. In fact it was just right before this past game update. Is this punishment or jealousy over the most popular class or too man complaints from the children who play on the Republic side? I would honestly like to know.

You're where you're supposed to be, according to the metrics that Bioware use. They have target healing output and DPS output metrics, which they use to balance the classes. The goal of that balance is to make end-game content feel difficult. They also appear to have certain design targets for PvP, and it seems that the adjustments to expertise in particular, was designed to fix that.

The last statement they made, during the 1.2 test period, was that the metrics were now just about where they wanted them to be. So, basically, the way it is now is the way they think is best.

X

You're where you're supposed to be, according to the metrics that Bioware use. They have target healing output and DPS output metrics, which they use to balance the classes. The goal of that balance is to make end-game content feel difficult. They also appear to have certain design targets for PvP, and it seems that the adjustments to expertise in particular, was designed to fix that.

The last statement they made, during the 1.2 test period, was that the metrics were now just about where they wanted them to be. So, basically, the way it is now is the way they think is best.

X

These metrics include the current quadruple double-dip of sorts?

Barrage procs----->Recklessness------>Double Dip Force Lightning------>Recklessness stacks still at x2------->Profit!

X

This is the backwards way of thinking that got them to make this mistake.

They are using the ends to justify the means, instead of finding the least disruptive way to reach their ends.

Their goal was lower output.. there were dozens of ways to reach that goal without breaking the class.

Thanks to your update to handicap the sorcerer, who was already sporting light armour, and only 1 instant heal cast, I just go my arse handed to me in pvp today. You want to know where the sorcerers were? The bottom. If there was a sorcerer at the #1 spot, it was for healing or hiding in a corner. This class is not fun anymore. We are the laughing stocks of pvp. I have all the best endurance armour I can for this class.

You want to know who was at the top of the pvp? Smugglers and bounty hunters. Thanks for making force users so weak! I got taken out by a level 19 jedi sentinel! (I'm level 44). Level 19! When I have better armour. Are you trying to make it so that no one wants to be a sorcerer? Good luck getting lvl 50 sorcerers to pvp.

/end rant.

And for everyone saying the inquisitors are over-powered....lvl 19 jedi sentinel just beat me (lvl 44 sorcerer), when I have better armour AND I'm pretty awesome at pvp.

Edited by Val-Jean
Spelling/adding my level

Thanks to your update to handicap the sorcerer, who was already sporting light armour, and only 1 instant heal cast, I just go my arse handed to me in pvp today. You want to know where the sorcerers were? The bottom. If there was a sorcerer at the #1 spot, it was for healing or hiding in a corner. This class is not fun anymore. We are the laughing stocks of pvp. I have all the best endurance armour I can for this class.

You want to know who was at the top of the pvp? Smugglers and bounty hunters. Thanks for making force users so weak! I got taken out by a level 19 jedi sentinel! (I'm level 44). Level 19! When I have better armour. Are you trying to make it so that no one wants to be a sorcerer? Good luck getting lvl 50 sorcerers to pvp.

/end rant.

And for everyone saying the inquisitors are over-powered....lvl 19 jedi sentinel just beat me (lvl 44 sorcerer), when I have better armour AND I'm pretty awesome at pvp.

The issue with boosted stats.

If that level 19 sentinel was equipped in all level 19 stuff - the best stuff he could get at level 19 - his boosted stats would have been close to 1k str and 1k end.

This alone would tear a sorc to bits, and if he was good - it would have been quick.

It's something you have to live with, and hell a good mara/sent would own a sorc anyway at same level.