why not do the maintenance during the day?

DanteAlter

it would be nice..once in a while...if the servers would close during the day..i mean why is it it's always the players who plays at night that have to pay the prize of maintenance..(i work evening shift..so i play during the night)

i still pay same as everyone else to play..so..why not..next maintenance..will be from 2pm to 10pm..just for a change.

maybe the school boys will not agree..and i don't care :p

it would be nice..once in a while...if the servers would close during the day..i mean why is it it's always the players who plays at night that have to pay the prize of maintenance..(i work evening shift..so i play during the night)

i still pay same as everyone else to play..so..why not..next maintenance..will be from 2pm to 10pm..just for a change.

maybe the school boys will not agree..and i don't care :p

So that puts it right in the middle of Non US player prime time. Typical American selfish and self centred post.

my guess would be that they aim, or at least should aim, at timing it when the least amount of players are online.

True some might be hurt more often than others that way, but having 10 players be hurt 100% of the time is really less than having 300 players be hurt 50% of the time.

(Numbers are completely random and used to demonstrate the point.)

Greeting everyone!

We ask that threads in this sub-forum revolve around discussion of the Star Wars Universe. In the interest of consolidating feedback regarding the topic of tonight's maintenance, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

maintenance, why so much

The current information regarding tonight's maintenance can be found here:

Maintenance: April 19th, 2012

We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, April 19th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.

The servers will be down for four hours on Thursday, April 19th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Maintenance

Date: Thursday, April 19th, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you for your patience!