Solo Sentinel PVE build?

GriffonKane

HI Folks,

New to Sentinel. Was wondering what the most effective SOLO PVE build is for a sentienl in terms of damage and suvivability. From what I've seen on the threads, it seems to be Watchmen. What type of build would you recommend? Also, would the character of choice (before Doc) be T-7 or Kira?

TIA,

WF

For leveling, i'd reccommend focus now, mostly due to zephyran slash, buffed, force sweep, and zen: shii-cho.

I personally went 3 points in watchman for focused slash by 12, then went into focus for more focus effeciency, which translates to more damage (alot less striking, alot more slashing), and aoe. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5010cZZRMMM.1 is was what i had leaving taris. Slash crits are free; slash crits with zen give 3 focus and hit a nearby target.

HI Folks,

New to Sentinel. Was wondering what the most effective SOLO PVE build is for a sentienl in terms of damage and suvivability. From what I've seen on the threads, it seems to be Watchmen. What type of build would you recommend? Also, would the character of choice (before Doc) be T-7 or Kira?

TIA,

WF

I went combat all the way, have 5 in focus for master strike and for force crit, 5 in watchman for focus building and rebuke cooldown, combat owns in pve

The most EFFECTIVE solo build hands down is watchman. Not only does it do incredible sustainable DPS, it can also pour out some pretty decent burst with Merciless Slash, Master Strike, and Dispatch. On top of that, every crit DoT heals you for 2% (it's the only spec with healing) and every time you have 30 centering you can use zen which guarantees 6 crit DoT's for 12% health regen and an enormous chunk of damage.

If you like playing Focus or Combat better then go with those, but if you want THE most versatility and survivability while really not having to surrender any DPS, go with watchman.

As for companion, either is fine. If you are having trouble staying alive t-7 will probably be the better choice, but if you don't have too many issues with taking damage then Kira will cut through groups of mobs like a hot knife through butter if you keep her well-geared.

Edited by witelightnin