Force attacks and armor penetration

TheGovernor

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please confirm I'm right or correct me if I am wrong with the proper information.

1. Force attacks bypass armor?

2. Bleeds from the Anni tree are force attacks. I believe the initial hit from Rupture is weapon damage but the bleeds are force attacks and bypass armor? In addition, the bleeds caused by Deadly Saber are force attacks, yes?

3. In the Carnage tree, I believe the rotation you can use is Gore - Ravage - Force Scream. I understand you are to use Force Scream when "Blood Frenzy" is procc'd. But if Force Scream is supposed to bypass armor (if that's what force attacks do)... woudln't it be a better idea to fit in another ability that can actually gain armor penetration while being under the Gore buff? Using Force Scream under Gore seems redundant.

Thanks again for your help everyone!!

-Vanquish

1: Force attacks are mitigated by armor.

2: Bleeds from the anni tree are force attacks (at least pre 1.2, I am not sure if it is the same after 1.2) meaning they gain crit from the Malice talent, but they deal internal damage, which ignores armor.

3: Force scream is mitigated by armor, and will do a lot more damage if you have gore on. You can check it yourself :)

1: Force attacks are mitigated by armor.

not all of them

kinetic and energy are mitigated by armor

but some force attacks deal other damage types

anni mara bleeds, for example, are force attacks that deal internal damage, internal damage is not mitigated by armor (sins/sorcs have some force attacks that deal internal or elemental damage as well)

so you need to check the damage type, not just the attack type, to determine if someone will be mitigated or not

but aside from that small detail, everything you said was correct :)