Is the World Event a one time thing?

Sinfulife

There's no official word on anything like that, but I assume that it is a one time thing. There will be other, different events throughout the year, but I doubt they would play this one several times. It's kind of awkward for the same ship to crash land in the same spot of Tatooine several times.

The event will probably be available for at least a few weeks, so do everything in it you want to, in case it never comes back.

I havent a clue what to for the event. I logged in on the fleet and all I got yesterday was near continuous voice announcements about the Rakghoul Plague getting onto other planets but not to go to Tattoine (I can anyway Im l20ish).

As I'm just on Taris doing the Rakghoul stuff I thought I was part of my quest arc there. So I went back to Taris to continue questing there.

Any pointers on what to do or where to go?

I havent a clue what to for the event. I logged in on the fleet and all I got yesterday was near continuous voice announcements about the Rakghoul Plague getting onto other planets but not to go to Tattoine (I can anyway Im l20ish).

As I'm just on Taris doing the Rakghoul stuff I thought I was part of my quest arc there. So I went back to Taris to continue questing there.

Any pointers on what to do or where to go?

There is a few "guides" kicking around - check this out

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414863

Hope it helps.

Edit: Or this one http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=415875

Edited by iRouven

or is it a yearly thing?

It's a one time special event that will probably last a week or two.

I expect the crash site on Tatooine to remain however. The artwork is great and it has a pretty large footprint. I can't think how they can explain it going way or being cleaned up in a short timeframe. Tatooine is full of space junk as it is. It might become a great place for scavengers to harvest stuff.

Edited by Owsley

Go to Tatooine and find the Thorazan outpost in the Dune Sea. Go NE from that one until you find a crash site.

Ah... can I even get to Tatooine at Level 20? I just got off Coruscant and I haven't even hit Nar Shadda.

Ah... can I even get to Tatooine at Level 20? I just got off Coruscant and I haven't even hit Nar Shadda.

You can go there but you may not survive the npc around. I suggest taking a friend that is higher up to help you considering all the shuttles have to be unlocked before you can use them.

I honestly think that these World events are pretty much intended for lvl 50's. The only thing that I'm pissed about right now, is the fact that I did the world bosses in Tat, and I didn't get the title. They want me to go again and kill the pvp World boss again. I think that's BS. I have the Codex entry in my event log so I should get my title. It's been pretty hard for me to find a group for the pvp World boss.

There's no official word on anything like that, but I assume that it is a one time thing. There will be other, different events throughout the year, but I doubt they would play this one several times. It's kind of awkward for the same ship to crash land in the same spot of Tatooine several times.

The event will probably be available for at least a few weeks, so do everything in it you want to, in case it never comes back.

That's like saying its awkward that enemies respawn after killing them.

I honestly think that these World events are pretty much intended for lvl 50's. The only thing that I'm pissed about right now, is the fact that I did the world bosses in Tat, and I didn't get the title. They want me to go again and kill the pvp World boss again. I think that's BS. I have the Codex entry in my event log so I should get my title. It's been pretty hard for me to find a group for the pvp World boss.

Not the case. I did the entire Daily series with my lvl 33 Sorc. I was also able to do the 1 hour red mini-rakghoul quest. On my server, Tarro Blood, there have been groups every night for the last 5 nights who were asking in general chat for people to come fight the 3 bosses. Last night we finished all 3 in about 20 min.

I would say for the solo content minimum around lvl 25-26 to do it alone. Some parts will definitely be more tricky - like the stuff in the heroic areas, but there is a lot that you can easily do. For me the fact that the adds spawn at your lvl and are not by default lvl 50 shows that it is not designed to be exclusively lvl 50 content.

I honestly think that these World events are pretty much intended for lvl 50's.
That might be true only for the world boss kills. The rest of it scales to the highest level in your group. If you are lvl 30, the quests will spawn lvl 30 mobs who attack you. I got the 5 codex entries last night with a lvl 25 alt who had never been to Tatooine before. Edited by Owsley

I tried this with my lvl 23 Gunslinger, seems the lowest level the mobs spawn are lvl 26. So it's definitely not a 50's only event.

The Worldbosses is another thing, unless you are in a guild it's very unlikely one gets into a group that does them when you aren't 48 at least.

I tried this with my lvl 23 Gunslinger, seems the lowest level the mobs spawn are lvl 26. So it's definitely not a 50's only event.

The Worldbosses is another thing, unless you are in a guild it's very unlikely one gets into a group that does them when you aren't 48 at least.

Once you fight them the adds that spawn are at the same level as you - or the highest lvl member in your group. I joined an OPS and thought I would continue my mission a bit first with my lvl 45 at that time and wondered why they don't drop dead ... well they were lvl 50 because of being part of an OPS - even though no one was close by.

Some theories are that it could transfer to another planet or be introduction to new persistent content. As for the issue with it being mainly for 50's many peoples complaints have been about the endgame content being lacking in the game. I see this as an attempt to remedy that, so I think that it may introduce some more content.