Fresh 50 in the 1.2 world

Ealgesagguilar

So I just hit 50 this afternoon and now I need to know what I should be doing ? I want to get geared for HM's first so I can get in line for a spot at raiding. pre 1.2 I know it was best to get champ gear, so will the new blue pvp gear be a good starting point to run HM's ? Or are the Ilum mods a better start ? Thanks in advance for any advice or a link to a thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wea_01:- Abba-Zaba, you my only friend.:wea_01:

Id say go for dailies on Belsavis and Illum for mods and daily comms for earpiece atleast.. You should be set in about a week. And with the creds you get from dailies you can also buy alot of gunk from the GMK.

Buy recruit gear, find a good guild, and start the battlemaster/WH grind. If you like PvE I have no clue.

for pvp, absolutely

for pve im inclined to say that you should still buy the recuit gear

you can get a full set of upgrades instantly

and, even though its going to be loaded with expertise which is useless in pve, id be willing to bet that it would be significantly better in pve than whatever you are wearing when you hit 50, and good enough for HM FPs and begining raids

but i havent hit 50 with an alt yet in 1.2 so im basically just speculating

Edited by CrazyAl

I figure that the BM gear will be good, but I thought I heard that it would be disadvantages to roll with pvp gear in pve environment ? true or false ? any how thanks much, think i have a good idea where to start, going to pvp anyhow, just wanted to get in some HM/raids with this toon, and want to know how to go about it best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wea_01: - Abba-Zaba, you my only friend. :wea_01:

I figure that the BM gear will be good, but I thought I heard that it would be disadvantages to roll with pvp gear in pve environment ? true or false ? any how thanks much, think i have a good idea where to start, going to pvp anyhow, just wanted to get in some HM/raids with this toon, and want to know how to go about it best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PvP drops me like 17% on the ops training dummy so it's pretty big chunk of dmg. But again I have no clue what to do as a fresh 50. When I hit 50 my guild simply ran me through normal and hard mode ops and I was full columi in a day.

The BM weapon is still definitely worth getting, but using the rest of the BM gear in a PVE environment is foolish, since you will lose alot of offensive stats.

You should easily be able to run HM Black Talon, Boarding Party, and Foundry as a fresh 50. These will get you a few Columi or Tionese pieces to get you started. Ask a guild member to make you Columi implants and earpieces (they might charge you for it though) as well, or make your own if you have the right crew skills.

If you are Synthweaving, you can make yourself Rakata Bracers/Belt. If you are Artifice, you can make yourself Rakata Relics. Both are very nice, and both can get augment slots on them, which make them BiS aside from the Black Hole gear.