Warzones on low populated servers

Escarrabutxaques

A lot of people were complaining that the warzones stopped if one team in them had fewer people on its side than the other. Mind you, those complainers came from less populated servers.

BioWare listened. Now we have people constantly quitting warzones because of the revamped reward system and the matches continue for their full length.

I admit, I'm on your side on this. Pre-1.2, the claim that warzones should not have stopped because of imbalanced team numbers held true because of the medals you could acquire, hence > greater rewards. Now there is no point in that. I'd much rather hop into the next warzone quickly, instead of waiting the timer to run out, simply because we mowed the opposing team into Oblivion and half their players left as a result. Not fun.

I play on Uthar Wynn, if that makes any difference. A low populated server. I know each member of both factions by their first and Legacy names.

A lot of people were complaining that the warzones stopped if one team in them had fewer people on its side than the other. Mind you, those complainers came from less populated servers.

BioWare listened. Now we have people constantly quitting warzones because of the revamped reward system and the matches continue for their full length.

Actually, that's incorrect. If you read DE's dev post you'll find that getting rid of the abort timer was a mistake. It's apparently necessary for their ranked WZ model and they forgot to remove it when they decided ranked WZs aren't going live.

This has been discussed pretty thoroughly. Devs have stated they will be implementing a patch in the next few days to put the abort timer back and try to fix a few other things too.

But either way, even with the abort timer, short handed games are common on low pop servers. Without the abort timer, pvp is senseless on them. I canceled my sub right after 1.2 largely due to this. It will remain so until they fix it.

Ah, then I apologize for being misinformed and thank you for the clarification. :)

I have to admit, I don't watch/read Q&A from BioWare anymore. Maybe a mistake on my part, but I no longer have the drive nor incentive to. Not like I did six months ago.

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss this topic, we will be closing this current thread. Daniel Erickson has also commented in this thread on the topic you are raising. Thank You.

Hey folks,

Some follow up news from observations of play and feedback over the weekend. In the next couple of days we will be deploying a small patch that will address the following issues:

• As discussed, minimum medals to gain rewards will go from 3 to 1 to better reward those who are backfilled.
  • Warzones will once again be shutting down when population imbalance is detected. This was an unfortunate bug where a feature of Ranked Warzones (in full team play it is not desirable to let one team end the game prematurely by quitting out) was incorrectly implemented globally.
  • Completion of Warzones will gain a large increase in the percentage of rewards it represents, so while scoring is still the primary driver, you will cease to see games that give no rewards if players have a minimum of 1 medal earned.
  • We are extending the time we wait for a full team of eight to better make sure Warzones pop with complete teams.

A huge thank you to everyone who played this weekend and provided valuable feedback and analysis.

Edited by Trineda