How to build a network of allies.

internaty

Context:

I have played countless of games and swtor is without a doudt the best of these.

Probley because the whole killing is fun mentality doesnt work on me.

I love the story line and the cooperative gameplay.(and the lack of elites)

End context:

However as in all mmo's i played, i am forced to solo.

When i play a game online i do so because i want to play with people and not alone.

I just cant seem to find people who are willing to group with me or even roleplay with me.

Even if i try to be so nice it makes me trow up.

So how do i build a network of people who like to group up with me?

Edited by internaty

1-Join a guild

2-Play with rl friends / relatives

3-Be patient with new / unknown players

1:Guilds are overrated because most guildies dont know the word teamplay if you hit them in the face with it(repeatingly)

2: They dont like games:(

3: i was hoping for a quiker way.

Edited by internaty

I thought it was funny that you asked for ways to help in playing with others yet you shot down every option mentioned. lol

This game is not your normal MMO in that it is rather restricting in having that open chat type aspect. We can't build friendly enemies due to not being able to cross-faction chat. We don't make as many friends due to a a lack of a personal touch on chats. It is only up in a box that can come from anywhere. Chat bubbles would help make things a bit more personal.

Until we have more chatting options and a more personal then YOU must do a few things to help yourself.

Guilds are a great way, even if you think none of them are worth a damn. I know for a fact that many guilds are very good, you just need to find one that suits your play style.

Having friends or family play is great but not everyone has that as you mentioned. Ways to help is be chatty in groups and see who responds well to your comments. from there send tells and just build a buddy.

Lastly, and this applies to a lot of things in life, you must have patience. There is not instant friend button and people today are more closed off than ever. Although you can imagine the opposite due to anonymity, but because people say things without any real regard for others, people seem to be more closed off to making friends.

You can create a chat channel and invite those you have met and like to join. This can build into something but will take some time.

I hope you can find others to chat and play with. :D

I thought it was funny that you asked for ways to help in playing with others yet you shot down every option mentioned. lol

This game is not your normal MMO in that it is rather restricting in having that open chat type aspect. We can't build friendly enemies due to not being able to cross-faction chat. We don't make as many friends due to a a lack of a personal touch on chats. It is only up in a box that can come from anywhere. Chat bubbles would help make things a bit more personal.

Until we have more chatting options and a more personal then YOU must do a few things to help yourself.

Guilds are a great way, even if you think none of them are worth a damn. I know for a fact that many guilds are very good, you just need to find one that suits your play style.

Having friends or family play is great but not everyone has that as you mentioned. Ways to help is be chatty in groups and see who responds well to your comments. from there send tells and just build a buddy.

Lastly, and this applies to a lot of things in life, you must have patience. There is not instant friend button and people today are more closed off than ever. Although you can imagine the opposite due to anonymity, but because people say things without any real regard for others, people seem to be more closed off to making friends.

You can create a chat channel and invite those you have met and like to join. This can build into something but will take some time.

I hope you can find others to chat and play with. :D

Thanks.

It seems i was doing the right thing i just need to learn to be as patience about it(i could learn a few things from my jedi consolar)

Thanks.

Now drop and give me 20:P