Slicing: now more useless than ever

jhartel

So the big thing with slicing before is that no one gave a damn about Augments as so little items used them. You could get them and try to sell them on GTN, and you'd be lucky to sell the Level 49 pieces you get at 400 Slicing. BioWare promised this would be a different issue with 1.2 that would make slicing Useful.

How wrong they were. I farmed for the last two days the level 400 sliced tech parts necessary for augment creation (as slicing is now a gathering class) and not one of them has sold, even at the low low GTN base value. Now I have something worth even less than it was in the past. After the credit box nerf and now this, I am beginning to feel like me spending time to get to 400 was a massive waste and BioWare is trying to get us all to not have slicing as a Crew Skill.

just did a "rich yield" slicing mission that cost credits 1930 and got back 705.

The money from those missions is NOT THE POINT the crafting missions you gain are. On my server I can sell Scav/TH/ARC/BIO missions for 20k/ea and sell SLIC/UT for 30k/ea. They always sell the same day I post them, that's where the money is. Or you can run around Ilum slicing nodes and make 100k/hr. I have 12 million credits as a slicer and fully expect on realizing increased gains from it in 1.2.

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote, inappropriate

The money from those missions is NOT THE POINT the crafting missions you gain are. On my server I can sell Scav/TH/ARC/BIO missions for 20k/ea and sell SLIC/UT for 30k/ea. They always sell the same day I post them, that's where the money is. Or you can run around Ilum slicing nodes and make 100k/hr. I have 12 million credits as a slicer and fully expect on realizing increased gains from it in 1.2.

I am not getting crits on those missions often enough, and the Tech Parts never sell.

Yeah i used to be happy when i got the crafting missions, but after 1.2 the prizes off those on my server have plumetted to 10k for some and only 5k for the rest.

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion here:

Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

Thanks!