The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hi I'm Steve

Fishmeister

Greetings Fishmeister!

We have some great guides that you may enjoy such as New Player Guide and the Online Game Manual to get you started. We also have our handy New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources which shocases various links that might assist you.

You may find this guide particularly useful for learning how to roleplay:

For newcomers to roleplay (introduction, how to get started, etc)

Additionally, depending on what you are interested in and what class you are paying, make sure to check out the various stickied threads in those areas! These are great resources of information, often created by fellow community members.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Ellvaan

• 2 weeks later...

RPing is awesome, and it's one of the reasons I love MMOs. A few tips right off the bat:

(May seem elitist/jerkish)

-Type correctly. No one will take a RPer seriously if they use "u r a jerk" typing skills. (If English is a second language or you are just not good at it though, don't get discouraged)

-Pick a good name that makes sense. As an example (I am not picking on your name) "Fishmeister" is not a very good RP name. Pick a name that you could actually see someone using. I tried to RP with some guy named Happysmiles and he was a brooding Sith. Didn't make any sense.

-Find a guild! Finding a guild that will help you will do wonders to your ability to RP.

-Practice makes perfect.