Do something about the hackers!!!

Malckiah

Bioware: I love ya....I love the game....but there are too many hackers. Real hackers. Like someone puting the bomb on the voidstar door in less than 2 seconds, like people going way faster than the consular fast speed for extended times......DO SOMETHING PLEASE! Edited by Malckiah

Seems so easy to just claim someone hacks when the real problem might be sought by looking inward.

lol....what are u toa or something????.....This isnt "I Think"....its I know!.....guy walks up to door at voidstar.....within less than 2 seconds the bomb is planted.

Seems so easy to just claim someone hacks when the real problem might be sought by looking inward.

Uhhh before you keep ridiculing yourself you might want to know that this game has almost no anti-cheat detection. Google for videos of people cheating and code injection clients and you'll find it isn't a simple case of "bad players crying".

Quite a few people have proven that you can inject code into the client to modify speed, instant teleport, no-clipping(walking through walls) and other things. That's what happens when you release a half-finished game like 1 year too early, now they're trying to play catch-up.

Either a lot of you posting questions and steps are trolling or can't see more than 1 step ahead. Reporting won't do **** the real issue is BW needs to fix the game so it is not as simple as downloading a program and changing a couple numbers to cheat. You can literally spend all day recording amd reporting people using cheats, most people come to enjoy the game, not to do BW's job for them and paying them at the same time.

Edited by Leuthispar

Uhhh before you keep ridiculing yourself you might want to know that this game has almost no anti-cheat detection. Google for videos of people cheating and code injection clients and you'll find it isn't a simple case of "bad players crying".

Quite a few people have proven that you can inject code into the client to modify speed, instant teleport, no-clipping(walking through walls) and other things. That's what happens when you release a half-finished game like 1 year too early, now they're trying to play catch-up.

I understand all of that. However, running to the forums to QQ about it does no real help. Bring something substantially more than "QQ" and there might be more of an impact to actually help the game. I've seen people QQ at me in game because they said I was hacking. I was not. In fact, I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.

I understand all of that. However, running to the forums to QQ about it does no real help. Bring something substantially more than "QQ" and there might be more of an impact to actually help the game. I've seen people QQ at me in game because they said I was hacking. I was not. In fact, I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.

Perhaps he didn't voice his concerns in the most productive or effective manner, but he is still bringing up to the surface an issue that has been going around since launch, perhaps not an epidemic but nevertheless a problem.

You are assuming that he has not filed a customer support/Bug ticket(which we all know is flooded due to the many bugs the game has experienced, moreso recently with 1.2 and subsequent patches) and on top of that you are trying to discredit the validity of his argument with your own personal experience, so I don't see how your post is any better than a cry for attention of your "cheat-like" skills and a troll post with a disguised "QQ moar" message.

You are assuming that he has not filed a customer support/Bug ticket(which we all know is flooded due to the many bugs the game has experienced, moreso recently with 1.2 and subsequent patches) and on top of that you are trying to discredit the validity of his argument with your own personal experience, so I don't see how your post is any better than a cry for attention of your "cheat-like" skills and a troll post with a disguised "QQ moar" message.

Thus, we come to this. *bow*

Side note: I wasn't trying to claim I did great. In fact, I did less than mediocre and still someone complained about me. That was the point, not that "I am great."

If you are denying the fact that there are folks speed hacking in PVP then you are not really PVPing enough to speak on the subject let alone to tell someone that they are lying about it.

Edited by TheBBP

If you are denying the fact that there are folks speed hacking in PVP then you are not really PVPing enough to speak on the subject let alone to tell someone that they are lying about it.

Ok, I'll just read what I want to read into the OP's post too. You seem to be affected by a slow computer and most likely lagged when someone set the bomb, so it seemed like 2 seconds, but in fact your computer couldn't keep up with processing where the guy was for 8 seconds to set the charge.

Next time, don't infer that I am telling someone they are lying. Read my post, take a breath and try to understand the words that form the sentence. There is a keyword in there: might.

Edited by monkgryphon

Without substantial evidence, it is useless to complain about hacking. Dozens of players get called hackers everyday by others out of spite. People need to record the hacks and report the name of the hacker alongside the video.

Type SWTOR speed hacking in google...I will bet you my sperm count that you'll figure it out at that point.

Ok, I'll just read what I want to read into the OP's post too. You seem to be affected by a slow computer and most likely lagged when someone set the bomb, so it seemed like 2 seconds, but in fact your computer couldn't keep up with processing where the guy was for 8 seconds to set the charge.

Next time, don't infer that I am telling someone they are lying. Read my post, take a breath and try to understand the words that form the sentence. There is a keyword in there: might.

You have spent the rest of your posts in this thread calling the OPs claim "QQ". How does one read into that? Your passive-aggressive retort does nothing more than make you look like you are trolling about something that you have no clue about.

Edited by TheBBP

Uhhh before you keep ridiculing yourself you might want to know that this game has almost no anti-cheat detection.

There is no "almost" about it, there is no cheat detection what so ever. Even the most basic of script kiddie attempts at memory editing can go undetected.

The closest thing we have to anti-cheat at the moment opening a ticket and report them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.