Yet another swtor to wow analogy

Elror

Hello, im writing this because i like swtor and i want it to change in a good way, i bought the CE and i had so much faith in this game but still, EA have deceived me...

In so much way SWTOR is just a copy/paste from WoW (or other boring MMO).

Class system isnt different , the holy trinity, talent tree nearly identical, and the whole fighting system is juste the same...

As for the end game, well i never like that heroic grind in WoW and they just did the same damn thing with SWTOR, grind gear, grind money, grind , grind , grind....

WoW End game : Raid

BG

Dungeons

Arena

Dailies

SWTOR End game : Raid (operation)

BG (warzone)

Dungeons (flashpoint)

Arena should come soon...

Dailies

I know though that SWTOR have potential: story (even if once you do it to 50, it get boring), legacy, future spacial content are some of the thing that make swtor special, but for now playing such a wow copy is as boring as it was when i was playing WoW.

I know you will say themepark arent for you, you should play other game, but as i said , i was very hyped with swtor until i played it couple days to see how much like WoW it is. I still like some of the swtor's feature, but for now i just dont feel to play.

Thats it, I just hope BW is heading in the right way, like full 3D space combat will be a good move, because people like me who doesnt love the endgame grindfest want other thins to do other than BG/raid/FP/dailies. If they stay in that model well i will sadly leave this game and go foward to try GW2 or lets say ArcheAge!

Peace.

PS sorry for the english XD

Edited by Elror

WoW is a great game with millions of players, its only natural that Swtor would copy some things over to capture some of that player base.

Yea i know , thats actually the problem, if player want change they wont leave wow for a wow copy XD

Hello, im writing this because i like swtor and i want it to change in a good way, i bought the CE and i had so much faith in this game but still, EA have deceived me...

In so much way SWTOR is just a copy/paste from WoW (or other boring MMO).

Class system isnt different , the holy trinity, talent tree nearly identical, and the whole fighting system is juste the same...

As for the end game, well i never like that heroic grind in WoW and they just did the same damn thing with SWTOR, grind gear, grind money, grind , grind , grind....

WoW End game : Raid

BG

Dungeons

Arena

Dailies

SWTOR End game : Raid (operation)

BG (warzone)

Dungeons (flashpoint)

Arena should come soon...

Dailies

I know though that SWTOR have potential: story (even if once you do it to 50, it get boring), legacy, future spacial content are some of the thing that make swtor special, but for now playing such a wow copy is as boring as it was when i was playing WoW.

I know you will say themepark arent for you, you should play other game, but as i said , i was very hyped with swtor until i played it couple days to see how much like WoW it is. I still like some of the swtor's feature, but for now i just dont feel to play.

Thats it, I just hope BW is heading in the right way, like full 3D space combat will be a good move, because people like me who doesnt love the endgame grindfest want other thins to do other than BG/raid/FP/dailies. If they stay in that model well i will sadly leave this game and go foward to try GW2 or lets say ArcheAge!

Peace.

PS sorry for the english XD

I knew someone who kept posting that same kind of message in every mmo forums he has played. Here was his mmo cycle:

1. Super excited about a mmo.

2. Tried the beta and loved it.

3. Bought the game and played it for 3-4 months.

4. Always found some things about the game that bothered him enough to unsubscribe.

And the cycle goes on...

Anyway, if you think that swtor has a lot of grinding, I suggest trying some asian mmos. Those games own that word.

Yea i know iv played Aion lol, and im not like the dude you know, I played FFXI for 3-4 years, AoC for 2 years and WoW for 2-3 years...

BUT what you describe is exaclty what happen to me for SWTOR....

Edited by Elror

Yea i know , thats actually the problem, if player want change they wont leave wow for a wow copy XD

I left WoW for SWTOR because it was similar enough to what I liked with better questing, more fun PVP and Star Wars lore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.