*bioware* simple explanation why wz com system is not working

Whiskey_jak

Rather than 3 run-on sentences claiming that I am going to rage-quit the game because the WZ com system can not be working as intended, I am going to try and give a simple explanation why it is no good as is.

Current gear- 3 BM pieces and the rest are Champion with Rakata Mods and Enhancements.

1st piece needed needed- BM Chest

Cost-1425 WZ coms.

Average coms per match-42 (averaged after playing 20 matches with 13 losses on an Imperial dominant server)

Number of matches needed for ONE piece of BM gear (not even highest level)- 34

Average time per match 13 minutes.

Time for BM piece, not counting waiting time between WZs- 442 minutes, or 7 1/2 hours.

Subtract 25 minutes for daily mission- 100 coms (same as two average WZ rewards)

Time between WZ ques averaged out by me on 4/12 (unusually high amount of people playing due to patch) -4 minutes between matches. 136 minutes total for 34 matches.

WZ times plus wait times- 9 hours 40 minutes

CONCLUSION

In order to earn my next MID LEVEL pvp piece of gear I will have to play 9 HOURS 40 MINUTES of straight of WZs. In order to upgrade this piece to top level PVP gear I will have to play just shy of 29 HOURS.

This is a conservative number with all information calculated on 4/12, when WZs were very active and most likely at the highest point they will ever be at after this let down.

I am not planning on quitting the game because of this as others like to claim to get their point across. But Bioware, I am a faithful customer who does not want to grind for 29 hours for one piece of top level pvp gear (not even near the most expensive piece). Did you mean for people to spend as much time getting one piece of gear as it takes to level a character to the high level 30's???

<Edit> I actually just realized that for a RWH Chest piece it costs 3200 WZ Coms plus the 1425 Coms it took to purchase the equivalent BM piece. At a conversion rate of 3 to 1 WZ to RWZ it would take 11025 WZ coms to purchase the RWH Chest. Thats 262.5 WZs played at my average of 42 coms per WZ. With my extremely conservative wait time of 4 mins between WZs, that's 74.34 hours of straight WZ play time to earn ONE, YES one piece of ranked War Hero Gear.

No thank You!

Edited by Whiskey_jak

After 1.2 :

You join wz solo

You face enemy premade

(like 80% of time)

What you do?

Dont you fcking leave and joing other wz?? Whats the point to stay and get roflstomped by premade?? To win your 0 money and 0 commendations?

GOOD JOB Bioware for making reasonable changes....

I feel it should be a grind to get what you need, simply because getting top end PVE gear is also a grind, PVP gear should be a pain to get as well. I don't want a bunch of casual players coming in with top end PVP gear that rarely PVP.

As I've said before...

TEAM (yes, even a PUG can play as a team) > personal skill > Gear.

BUT, I don't feel someone with almost no personal skill and can't play as a team should even have a chance to stand up to other players because they have gear that was easily obtained.

I feel it should be a grind to get what you need, simply because getting top end PVE gear is also a grind, PVP gear should be a pain to get as well.
Right now there is no comparison between the grind for PVE vs PVP gear. On my freshly leveled Sage I run EV a few times to gear for Karagaas. A few Karaggas Runs lead me to HM EV and Karaggas. After 2 Weeks of casually Hitting a few HM flashpoints, Dailies, and a OP runs I have full Columni Gear with 4 Rakata pieces. Now I'm geared to run the hardest content in the game after only a couple weeks of CASUAL post 50 PVE game play.

Now, transistion to PVP. If i spend two weeks of casual play just doing WZ's for WZ coms I will barely reach the amount of WZ coms I need for ONE PIECE of high end PVP gear. Remember above, i calculated it to take approximately 29 hours (very conservative number) of consecutive WZ play to earn enough WZ coms to buy the chest piece. Maybe I want to buy the main hand weapon... should I plan to PVP in WZs for the next month?

Right now there is no comparison between the grind for PVE vs PVP gear. On my freshly leveled Sage I run EV a few times to gear for Karagaas. A few Karaggas Runs lead me to HM EV and Karaggas. After 2 Weeks of casually Hitting a few HM flashpoints, Dailies, and a OP runs I have full Columni Gear with 4 Rakata pieces. Now I'm geared to run the hardest content in the game after only a couple weeks of CASUAL post 50 PVE game play.

Now, transistion to PVP. If i spend two weeks of casual play just doing WZ's for WZ coms I will barely reach the amount of WZ coms I need for ONE PIECE of high end PVP gear. Remember above, i calculated it to take approximately 29 hours (very conservative number) of consecutive WZ play to earn enough WZ coms to buy the chest piece. Maybe I want to buy the main hand weapon... should I plan to PVP in WZs for the next month?

Excellent point. PVE high end gear is easier to get than high end PVP gear. And i'm actually gonna go for the high end PVE gear now because I can get a whole set fairly easily, like you said, which will take me about a week.

I also agree with your OP. Well said. And the drop in PVP population I think backs that up. People don't want to spend 20 plus hours for 1 piece of gear.

Edited by Cheeseblaster

I actually just realized that for a WH Chest piece it costs 3200 WZ Coms plus the 1425 Coms it took to purchase the equivalent BM piece. At a conversion rate of 3 to 1 WZ to RWZ it would take 11025 coms to purchase the WH Chest. Thats 262.5 WZs played at my average of 42 coms per WZ. With my extremely conservative wait time of 4 mins between WZs, that's 74.34 hours of straight WZ play time to earn ONE, YES one piece of ranked Ware Hero Gear.

No thank You!

I feel it should be a grind to get what you need, simply because getting top end PVE gear is also a grind, PVP gear should be a pain to get as well. I don't want a bunch of casual players coming in with top end PVP gear that rarely PVP.

As I've said before...

TEAM (yes, even a PUG can play as a team) > personal skill > Gear.

BUT, I don't feel someone with almost no personal skill and can't play as a team should even have a chance to stand up to other players because they have gear that was easily obtained.

Woot, I have found someone else who was born on a farm. Just keep plowing brother!