No trials period for friends

jebusab

Just got hard copy of standard edition game a little dissapointed they have not included a code for a 15 day free trial for a friend, I haave a friend who is interested in seeing what SWTOR is like but is not a big MMO player, I am sure if they had this could hav convinced to get the game

There are quite a few things you don't get with the standard edition.

You apparently get better thought of if you buy data only and don't have solid disks in your hand; which I think is a bit much really :mad:

Best think yourself lucky to have the game and a 'free crystal' :rolleyes:

would it not benifit giving the trial with all copys at end of day if every person gave it to a friend and only 20% actually turn into an active suscriber to the game then a shed more money in EA/biowares pockets

They already have more than enough subs. By keeping the trial away for a bit it gives them more time to fix things and gain more attention for when they do eventually put one out.

Oh and free trials = Gold spammers.

We do not need or want free trials.

They are loading the servers with actual customers. people who bought the game & are likely to stick around awhile. You don't want a bunch of temps and trial users taking up space on your servers & filling your login queues. You do not want credit sellers using free trials either!

Why would anyone buy the game without using up a free trial 1st!?

You have no business sense.

Edited by Kourage

They already have more than enough subs. By keeping the trial away for a bit it gives them more time to fix things and gain more attention for when they do eventually put one out.

Oh and free trials = Gold spammers.

Fixed ;)

There should be some serious criteria to beable to invite a friend to trial. Anything/Everything to stop !¤!¤!"¤!"¤ gold sellers

This is the second thread I've seen today on this subject and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. Seriously are you totally ignorant to the fact that most players are queueing very long periods to play and we're not actually at the full launch stage yet?

Imagine if every account had the potential to spawn a second (non-paying) account, think about the impact that would have on the servers as they are at the moment? In addition when have you ever seen such a massively anticipated MMO give out trials at launch? Buy the game and play a month, consider it a trial, then if you aren't happy with it don't sub. That's the way I've always treated new MMO releases.

EDIT: Also how would you feel if you'd spent a long time waiting for this game, paid some hard earned money for it and most of the goons running around you in the noob area have gotten it for nothing? That's if you've even paid for the game yourself in the first place... Also Bioware/EA have ploughed millions into this, love them or hate them they have to get some money somehow.

Edited by DualWieldNate