Servers dying

Bluejacket

So I just returned for patch 1.2. I am really sad to see that hardly anyone is playing Republic, everyone is Imperial. On that note, it REALLY makes me sad to see all servers at light or standard...

What happened? A mere 2 months ago all servers were at heavy and or had queues... Now were down to light? Being probably only a few hundred people online? I feel like I am playing on a ghost server when on republic. 6 people in Belsavis, I log on my imp and there is 36...

I feel so let down.. I so want to play, and so want to see the game progress but it looks like its already starting to die off.

Can anyone shed some light for a republic player looking to play? I want to do FP's and HM FP's but it just does not look like its going to happen... at all.

Every server I have played on the imps greatly greatly outnumber the repubs, and populations in general are skim to none.

I am not trolling. I am serious.

I was really looking forward to playing all day today, and I get on to see the servers at light and no one playing republic.

It has me really down.

More so the upsetting thing is EA/Bioware not offering server transfers off the light servers to more populated ones... I am stuck in a ghost server and dont want to RE-level another sentinel on a different server.

This has me really down in the dumps.

There are a lot of servers that are replete with loyal citizens of the Republic. Perhaps you should create a new character on such a server.

Sure, if I can find a server with a higher number of republic players, I would. But I also don't want to RE level just to play with more people. Bioware should be doing what all good MMO companies do and allow server transfers free of charge off dead servers to more populated ones... Its called good business

well.. for the last 1 month I have more or less been fightinh thesame 12 people lol.. I am at least in no doubt that I will un-sub when gw2 is launched. this is retarded. I am not rolling new 50's on a diff server because mine are dying. BIOWARE JUST NEED TO *********** MERGE ****. Cant believe you are throwing so many money after a game, and the maintance in the game is ridiculos... **** you bioware.. im out!

seriously re-roll come to The Ebon Hawk not only is the republic side population good but we que up for wz's much more than other servers ive been on (here's looking at you specificly Lord Adras)

Ebon Hawk does have a bunch of republic. Thats where I play my Republic Commando.

And OP has it backwards, what MMORPG companies do is offer free server transfers for people ON the highly populated servers. This happened often for me in WoW and in WAR. Usually it goes like *These highly populated servers* are free to transfer to *these lower populated servers*

It would be silly to do it the other way, you would end up with 1hr que times.

And as for this 'ghost town' server crap, I don't buy it. I've looked at server stats during prime time and every server is pretty much standard or heavy, with three or so being full.

idk. Good luck

Ebon Hawk is RP though, not PvP..

I also, as said yet again, don't want to REROLL another 50 Jedi Sentinel... why should I have to re roll just because Bioware is retarded... how about they just start merging servers that are light in to the ones that are standard....

On that note, why don't they also add in a faction percentage showing how many people on which servers are playing which factions.... this is 2012, not 2004. They need to get there act together.

well.. for the last 1 month I have more or less been fightinh thesame 12 people lol.. I am at least in no doubt that I will un-sub when gw2 is launched. this is retarded. I am not rolling new 50's on a diff server because mine are dying. BIOWARE JUST NEED TO *********** MERGE ****. Cant believe you are throwing so many money after a game, and the maintance in the game is ridiculos... **** you bioware.. im out![/Q

cry some more armchair developer

Edited by connerthekewlkid

I actually prefer light-pop servers, TBH.

Less idiots. Less KS'ing of quest mobs. Less chatscroll in RP areas. Less hassle all around. It's relaxing.

That's all fine and dandy but less population means LESS FP's going on or guilds doing operations that have recruitment open. Its already stupidly hard to get a FP group, and one that survives at that.

Hey, everybody! We already have am existing discussion thread dedicated to talking about server population concerns. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=396615

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!